Re: Paste without smartindent

  • Marvin Humphrey
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 28, 2006
      Greets,

      I'm replying to my own mail because I received a private reply which
      led me to the solution.

      On Dec 28, 2006, at 9:50 AM, Marvin Humphrey wrote:

      > Or maybe there's another way to achieve the same ends?

      Looks like this is the magic incantation:

      noremap <D-v> <esc>:set paste<CR>"+gP:set nopaste<CR>
      inoremap <D-v> <esc>:set paste<CR>"+gP:set nopaste<CR>i

      Doesn't work in Terminal, but works in gvim.

      Marvin Humphrey
      Rectangular Research
      http://www.rectangular.com/
    • rleeden
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2007
        Another alternative maybe is to use the pastetoggle command -
        http://vimdoc.sourceforge.net/htmldoc/options.html#'pastetoggle' VIM
        Documentation .

        I have the following in my .vimrc which in my case allows F11 to toggle
        'paste mode' on and off:

        set pastetoggle=<F11>