Re: Ugly/slow startup

  • James Hague
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 21, 2006
      > MacBook being slower than my G4 is surprising. Even given that
      > your .vimrc is longer than mine I was expecting the start time to be
      > much faster on Intel. I'm probably going to look at it as soon as I
      > get my hands on an Intel Mac, unfortunately that will take some time :(

      I played with this a bit last night. The ~3 second start is only the
      when vim hasn't been run recently (isn't cached, etc). After that
      it's real quick: easily less than 0.5 seconds. I rarely notice this,
      because I tend to start up vim once and just keep using it. But even
      the 3 second initial start pales in comparison with the usefulness of
      having vim on the Mac :)

      James