Re: Antialiased fonts in multibyte Vim.app

  • Timothy Reaves
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 11, 2006
      With the build I have, I found this in my gvimrc worked well, and
      gives me antialiased fonts.

      "set font, antialias, encoding, and term
      set nomacatsui anti enc=utf-8 tenc=macroman gfn=Monaco:h11

      On Oct 11, 2006, at 10:20 PM, Wojciech Grzemski wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > Is there a way to build the multibyte Vim.app that could display
      > nice,
      > antialiased fonts at the same time? I pulled sources from
      > subversion
      > tree (I have revision 147 now) and tried building vim with
      > couple of
      > different build options, used different set of settings in .gvimrc
      > (with
      > and without macatsui, with different settings for termencoding
      > etc.) but
      > to no avail. I also tried patching the code with the patches that
      > were
      > sent to the list couple of months ago to the list by Jun T.
      > ( http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=vim-mac&m=114907838112145&w=2 ), but
      > it does not seem to work with new Xcode :-(
      >
      > Thanks in advance for any info, help...
      >
      > Best,
      > --
      > Wojciech Grzemski <wgrzemski@...> "On Margate Sands..."
    • Wojciech Grzemski
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 12, 2006
        On Wednesday, 2006-10-11, Timothy Reaves wrote:
        > With the build I have, I found this in my gvimrc worked well, and
        > gives me antialiased fonts.
        >
        > "set font, antialias, encoding, and term
        > set nomacatsui anti enc=utf-8 tenc=macroman gfn=Monaco:h11

        Well, could you post (or send me) your build options then? Because if it
        *really* works it would be sooo... nice. I mean, I really need multibyte
        fonts: Polish, Greek, sometimes some Russian (or German) in the same
        file, and non-antialiased font is sometimes really, really hard to read.
        On the other hand the antialiased font with your settings *does not*
        display correctly multibyte fonts. Just try :digraphs to see how much is
        really there, or download any of the Unicode test files from the
        internet to see what your copy of Vim can really display. Sorry, if my
        Vim.app where I can _read_and_write_ UTF-8 encoded files.

        All the best,
        --
        Wojciech Grzemski <wgrzemski@...> "On Margate Sands..."
      • Jun T.
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 12, 2006
          At 10:20 PM -0400 06.10.11, Wojciech Grzemski wrote:
          >( http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=vim-mac&m=114907838112145&w=2 ), but
          >it does not seem to work with new Xcode :-(

          What kind of problem do you have?
          I'm using Xcode2.4, gcc4.0.1.

          jun