Re: [macvim] modifiers should be applied to special keys too (patch)

  • A.J.Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 6, 2006
      Nicolas Weber wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      >> Here is one key that doesn't work for me: Shift-Tab. Most notably when
      >> doing command line completion, where Tab gets the next match and
      >> Shift-Tab goes to the previous match.
      >
      > This is fixed in the attached patch.
      >
      > Another key that's still not working is Shift-Space (or Meta-Space).
      > I'll take care of that later (but that doesn't work in the current mac
      > vim either).
      >
      > Bye,
      > Nico

      IIUC, Shift-Space is supposed to be synonymous with Space. (When typing text,
      hitting the space bar produces a space regardless of whether you're typing
      lowercase or uppercase.) As for Meta-Space (aka Alt-Space), some OSes use it
      as a menu key, in which case it might be snatched away before Vim sees it.

      Best regards,
      Tony.
    • Bram Moolenaar
      Message 2 of 16 , Oct 6, 2006
        Nicolas Weber wrote:

        > > Here is one key that doesn't work for me: Shift-Tab. Most notably
        > > when doing command line completion, where Tab gets the next match
        > > and Shift-Tab goes to the previous match.
        >
        > This is fixed in the attached patch.
        >
        > Another key that's still not working is Shift-Space (or Meta-Space).
        > I'll take care of that later (but that doesn't work in the current
        > mac vim either).

        Thanks. I'll try it out.

        17. You turn on your intercom when leaving the room so you can hear if new
        e-mail arrives.

      • Nicolas Weber
        Message 3 of 16 , Oct 10, 2006

          >> This is fixed in the attached patch.
          >>
          >> Another key that's still not working is Shift-Space (or Meta-Space).
          >> I'll take care of that later (but that doesn't work in the current
          >> mac vim either).
          >
          > Thanks. I'll try it out.

          I just noticed that this version of the patch breaks non-ascii
          unicode characters (umlauts for example). Damn. I'll try to write
          another fix to the shift-tab problem that doesn't break other stuff...

          Bye,
          Nico
        • Nicolas Weber
          Message 4 of 16 , Oct 15, 2006

            this version of the key event patch fixes all problems that were
            reported so far.

            Bye,
            Nico
          • Bram Moolenaar
            Message 5 of 16 , Oct 15, 2006
              Nicolas Weber wrote:

              > this version of the key event patch fixes all problems that were
              > reported so far.

              Thanks. It appears to work for me.

              --
              A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

              Message 6 of 16 , Oct 15, 2006
                On Sun, Oct 15, 2006 at 01:06:31PM +0200, Nicolas Weber wrote:
                > Hi,
                >
                > this version of the key event patch fixes all problems that were
                > reported so far.
                >
                > Bye,
                > Nico

                As usual, the patch was stripped from the vim-mac list, and I
                uploaded a copy from the vim-dev list to
                http://macvim.org/OSX/files/patches/keyevent.diff

                --Benji Fisher