Re: [macvim] modifiers should be applied to special keys too (patch)

  • Nicolas Weber
    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 6, 2006

      > Here is one key that doesn't work for me: Shift-Tab. Most notably
      > when
      > doing command line completion, where Tab gets the next match and
      > Shift-Tab goes to the previous match.

      This is fixed in the attached patch.

      Another key that's still not working is Shift-Space (or Meta-Space).
      I'll take care of that later (but that doesn't work in the current
      mac vim either).

      Bye,
      Nico
    • A.J.Mechelynck
      Message 2 of 16 , Oct 6, 2006
        Nicolas Weber wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        >> Here is one key that doesn't work for me: Shift-Tab. Most notably when
        >> doing command line completion, where Tab gets the next match and
        >> Shift-Tab goes to the previous match.
        >
        > This is fixed in the attached patch.
        >
        > Another key that's still not working is Shift-Space (or Meta-Space).
        > I'll take care of that later (but that doesn't work in the current mac
        > vim either).
        >
        > Bye,
        > Nico

        IIUC, Shift-Space is supposed to be synonymous with Space. (When typing text,
        hitting the space bar produces a space regardless of whether you're typing
        lowercase or uppercase.) As for Meta-Space (aka Alt-Space), some OSes use it
        as a menu key, in which case it might be snatched away before Vim sees it.

        Best regards,
        Tony.
      • Bram Moolenaar
        Message 3 of 16 , Oct 6, 2006
          Nicolas Weber wrote:

          > > Here is one key that doesn't work for me: Shift-Tab. Most notably
          > > when doing command line completion, where Tab gets the next match
          > > and Shift-Tab goes to the previous match.
          >
          > This is fixed in the attached patch.
          >
          > Another key that's still not working is Shift-Space (or Meta-Space).
          > I'll take care of that later (but that doesn't work in the current
          > mac vim either).

          Thanks. I'll try it out.

          17. You turn on your intercom when leaving the room so you can hear if new
          e-mail arrives.

        • Nicolas Weber
          Message 4 of 16 , Oct 10, 2006

            >> This is fixed in the attached patch.
            >>
            >> Another key that's still not working is Shift-Space (or Meta-Space).
            >> I'll take care of that later (but that doesn't work in the current
            >> mac vim either).
            >
            > Thanks. I'll try it out.

            I just noticed that this version of the patch breaks non-ascii
            unicode characters (umlauts for example). Damn. I'll try to write
            another fix to the shift-tab problem that doesn't break other stuff...

            Bye,
            Nico
          • Nicolas Weber
            Message 5 of 16 , Oct 15, 2006

              this version of the key event patch fixes all problems that were
              reported so far.

              Bye,
              Nico
            • Bram Moolenaar
              Message 6 of 16 , Oct 15, 2006
                Nicolas Weber wrote:

                > this version of the key event patch fixes all problems that were
                > reported so far.

                Thanks. It appears to work for me.

                --
                A fine is a tax for doing wrong. A tax is a fine for doing well.

                Message 7 of 16 , Oct 15, 2006
                  On Sun, Oct 15, 2006 at 01:06:31PM +0200, Nicolas Weber wrote:
                  > Hi,
                  >
                  > this version of the key event patch fixes all problems that were
                  > reported so far.
                  >
                  > Bye,
                  > Nico

                  As usual, the patch was stripped from the vim-mac list, and I
                  uploaded a copy from the vim-dev list to
                  http://macvim.org/OSX/files/patches/keyevent.diff

                  --Benji Fisher