Re: Color labels in finder

  • John Love-Jensen
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 4, 2006
      Hi Gillan,

      > Hello folks,
      > I would like to know, if it's possible to preserve color label for a
      > file, which is edited by Vim? I was googling little bit around, but
      > it seems like unsolvable problem. Vim is deleting file and than
      > creating it again.
      >
      > Thanks in advance.

      From http://macvim.org/OSX/index.php

      6. How can I keep file creators and other meta data when I save a file with
      vim?

      If you

      :set backupcopy=yes

      then you can edit files with Vim without changing their creator codes, so
      that opening them from the Finder will still launch the application that
      created them. New files that you write with Vim will still get Vim's creator
      code. For details, read

      :help 'backupcopy'

      HTH,
      --Eljay