Re: Color labels in finder

  • David Morel
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 4, 2006
      Le 4 oct. 06 à 15:15, Ondřej Ševčík a écrit :

      > Hello folks,
      > I would like to know, if it's possible to preserve color label for
      > a file, which is edited by Vim? I was googling little bit around,
      > but it seems like unsolvable problem. Vim is deleting file and than
      > creating it again.
      >
      > Thanks in advance.
      >
      > Gillan.

      try:

      set backupcopy=yes

      in your .vimrc or .gvimrc

      David Morel <david.morel@...>
      -----------------------------------
      OpenPGP pubkey :
      http://www.amakuru.net/dmorel.asc
    • David Morel
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 4, 2006
        Le 4 oct. 06 à 15:15, Ondřej Ševčík a écrit :

        > Vim is deleting file and than creating it again.

        Not really : it suffixes the original with ~ and creates a new file.
        I found out when editing files with an ftp client, all the open
        handles were lost and the wrong files got transferred. I solved it
        with the option i mentioned in the previous post.

        David Morel <david.morel@...>
        -----------------------------------
        OpenPGP pubkey :
        http://www.amakuru.net/dmorel.asc
      • John Love-Jensen
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 4, 2006
          Hi Gillan,

          > Hello folks,
          > I would like to know, if it's possible to preserve color label for a
          > file, which is edited by Vim? I was googling little bit around, but
          > it seems like unsolvable problem. Vim is deleting file and than
          > creating it again.
          >
          > Thanks in advance.

          From http://macvim.org/OSX/index.php

          6. How can I keep file creators and other meta data when I save a file with
          vim?

          If you

          :set backupcopy=yes

          then you can edit files with Vim without changing their creator codes, so
          that opening them from the Finder will still launch the application that
          created them. New files that you write with Vim will still get Vim's creator
          code. For details, read

          :help 'backupcopy'

          HTH,
          --Eljay