Re: Patch 7.0.065 (extra)

  • Adam Mercer
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 9, 2006

      > Patch 7.0.065 (extra)
      > Problem: Mac: left-right movement of the scrollwheel causes up-down
      > scrolling.
      > Solution: Ignore mouse wheel events that are not up-down. (Nicolas Weber)
      > Files: src/gui_mac.c

      Whilst this is very useful for in the editor window it also disables
      the left/right scrolling in the file open dialog. Is it possible to
      only disable the left/right scrolling in the editor window leaving it
      enabled for file dialogs?

      Cheers

      Adam
    • Nicolas Weber
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 10, 2006

        > Whilst this is very useful for in the editor window it also disables
        > the left/right scrolling in the file open dialog. Is it possible to
        > only disable the left/right scrolling in the editor window leaving it
        > enabled for file dialogs?

        What do you mean with "file open dialog"? If I hit Cmd-O, I can use
        the trackpad to scroll left/right in the file open dialog that
        appears. Can you give exact steps to reproduce the problem?

        Thanks,
        Nico
      • Adam Mercer
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 10, 2006
          On 10/09/06, Nicolas Weber <nicolasweber@...> wrote:
          > Hi,
          >
          > > Whilst this is very useful for in the editor window it also disables
          > > the left/right scrolling in the file open dialog. Is it possible to
          > > only disable the left/right scrolling in the editor window leaving it
          > > enabled for file dialogs?
          >
          > What do you mean with "file open dialog"? If I hit Cmd-O, I can use
          > the trackpad to scroll left/right in the file open dialog that
          > appears. Can you give exact steps to reproduce the problem?

          I open GVim and select Open from the File menu, then trackpad
          scrolling left and right doesn't scroll the file dialog left and
          right, only up/down trackpad scrolling works.

          Cheers

          Adam
        • Nicolas Weber
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 10, 2006

            > I open GVim and select Open from the File menu, then trackpad
            > scrolling left and right doesn't scroll the file dialog left and
            > right, only up/down trackpad scrolling works.

            works for me...which exact vim version (patchlevel) and Mac OS X
            version are you using?

            Thanks,
            Nico
          • Adam Mercer
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 10, 2006
              On 10/09/06, Nicolas Weber <nicolasweber@...> wrote:

              > works for me...which exact vim version (patchlevel) and Mac OS X
              > version are you using?

              Just updated to 7.0.099 and its working again, I must have been doing
              something strange with the previous builds.

              Sorry for the noise.

              Cheers

              Adam