Font and color scheme not saved...

  • Peter Krantz
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 28, 2006
      Hi!

      A number of editors have passed under the bridge and now I have
      decided to start learning Vim on my MacBook Pro. So bear with me if
      this is a basic question.

      I have installed the mac version of Vim on OS X 10.4 following the
      instructions here:

      http://macvim.org/OSX/index.php#Downloading

      I am trying to adjust the font and color scheme. These can be changed
      through the menu, but when I restart Vim my changes are lost. What am
      I doing wrong?

      Regards,

      Peter
    • Nicolas Weber
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 28, 2006

        > I am trying to adjust the font and color scheme. These can be changed
        > through the menu, but when I restart Vim my changes are lost. What am
        > I doing wrong?

        Vim doesn't save these settings automatically. You can tell Vim to
        save your changes by writing ":mkvimrc! /Users/<yourname>/
        _vimrc" (without the quotes) after you've adjusted your settings.

        See
        :help :mkvimrc
        :help vimrc
        for more information.