Re: This script crash with Vim70

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 28, 2006
      On Thu, Aug 24, 2006 at 05:38:12PM +0100, jose neta wrote:
      > Hello all!
      >
      > Finally I solved all my problems with Vim.
      > I decided to uninstall it and then install it again.
      > In the installation package we can found two another two packages
      > Vim and gvim. I preffer to use the Vim because it´s faster than gvim.
      > After that work and because my needs I started to upgrade Vim with
      > Perl-support and Bash-support scripts. At this moment no problem but
      > when I decided to install the c.vim script Vim started to crash.
      >
      > I suppose that script (
      > http://www.vim.org/scripts/download_script.php?src_id=6029 ) is a bad
      > script.

      Can you figure out more precisely what makes it crash?

      > The problem that I had with fonts are also solved and I just use
      > Latin encoding the default of Vim.
      > I still have a problem to solve. I must have C and C++ support. And
      > I need a good script and I'll need a good script to edit LaTeX also.
      >
      > Please tell me a good one for LaTeX and C.

      Most people seem to use the LaTeX suite for vim:
      http://vim-latex.sourceforge.net/
      I am not sure whether there are any problems on OS X.

      > When I need to open Vim from terminal and not vim or gvim I have to type:
      > $ open -a /Applications/vim70/Vim.app/ and this command not allow me
      > to open a new file. It must have to exist to I can edit it. In the
      > other and I have $ vim newfile which works perfectly.
      >
      > Have it a way of opening Vim from Terminal with less typing?

      The distributions from macvim.org include a shell script; you can
      get just the script at http://macvim.org/OSX/files/gvim . Make a link
      or copy of this file to somewhere in your path: for example,

      $ ln gvim ~/bin/vim
      $ sudo ln gvim /usr/local/bin/vim

      and then you should be able to run vim in a shell with

      $ vim foo.txt

      whether or not the file foo.txt already exists.

      HTH --Benji Fisher
    • jose neta
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 28, 2006
        Thank you Benji Fisher!

        After install c.vim script when I double click the Icon on my
        /Applications/Vim.app the vim quit without starting at all with is
        screen in white.
        I have the last version of that script as you can see by the last
        link I posted.
        I suposse i have to download the patch you said but I don´t know how
        to install it?
        I'm sorry about my last sentence about c.vim in my last post.
        I really love it and must have it.

        Thank you.

        --
        JPN
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 28, 2006
          I do not have time today to look into this myself. With vim 7.0,
          you can add

          :set verbose=20 verbosefile=~/vimlog.txt

          to the top of your vimrc file. Then, after vim crashes, you should be
          able to look at vimlog.txt and figure out what was going on when it
          crashed.

          I do not think I mentioned any patches.

          HTH --Benji Fisher