Fonts and pontuation for portuguese

  • jose neta
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 21, 2006
      Hi!

      I'm using OS X with an intel processor.
      When I edit a file in my natural language, I need to use this simbols:
      ( ç : ã : á : à )
      and others that I can't remenber now.
      The question is:
      when I create a file I can see those characters with no problem.
      The problem is after close that file, when I reopen the file. Those
      characters get turned into
      some others combination of characters.
      With textedit or with any other type of wysiwyg editor I don´t have
      those problems. But I
      still want to use vim to edit all my files. I love it and don´t I
      don´t give up of it.
      Thank you in advance.

      --
      JPN
    • Nicolas Weber
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 21, 2006

        > when I create a file I can see those characters with no problem.
        > The problem is after close that file, when I reopen the file. Those
        > characters get turned into
        > some others combination of characters.

        What is your :encoding and your :fileencoding set to? German Umlauts
        work for me with utf-8.

        Bye,
        Nico