Re: definitive terminal vim vs. gvim debate

  • Gregory Seidman
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 2, 2006
      On Tue, Aug 01, 2006 at 09:15:54AM -0700, Adam Wolff wrote:
      [...]
      } Anyone else have strong opinions here? Why doesn't the mac terminal
      } respond to ansi escape codes, that, say, change the cursor color or
      } make it blink? I looked at iTerm but that didn't seem any better.

      I actually run the X11 server on OS X, and tend to work from the
      commandline a lot more than from the Finder. I find that xterm is better
      than Terminal.app in essentially every way (emulation, configurability,
      speed, though if you want transparency you are out of luck), and gvim under
      X11 has always been good. I use Fink to install it, and the unstable branch
      has vim7.

      } Thanks in advance,
      } Adam
      --Greg