Re: Aliases in .vimrc?

  • Adam Wolff
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2006
      You can define a map, which mimics user input. You can define the
      modes in which a map is active. For instance, to make it so that
      pressing <C-M> in normal mode does your line end replacement, you
      could add this to your vimrc:
      nmap <C-e> :%s/\r/\r/g <CR>

      You can find out more by typing
      :help map

      Also, you can define commands as you suggest below, so that typing at
      the command line runs a command (as you suggest below)
      command Sub :%s/\r/\r/g

      User defined commands conventionally start with a capital letter.

      :help command