Re: MUST have perl-support

  • Joseph Workman
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 18 12:55 AM
      I thought I would try to run it via command line to see what errors
      came up on the terminal.

      sourcing "$HOME/.gvimrc"
      finished sourcing $HOME/.gvimrc
      E341: Internal error: lalloc(0, )Vim: Caught deadly signal BUS

      Writing viminfo file "/Users/jworkman/.viminfo"Vim: Finished.

      I also tried to run Vim6.4 and it worked just fine. However, I had to
      place the plugin inside the VIM package because it was not sourcing
      stuff in my $HOME/.vim directory. Why is that?

      What are the major benefits of Vim7 over Vim6.4 anyways?

      Any thoughts on fixing this would be greatly appreciated?

      Cheers
      Joe

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 18 6:42 AM
        There seem to be several problems here. If you are running Tiger,
        then do you have an Intel or PPC Mac? Did you compile yourself or did
        you get binaries from http://macvim.org/OSX/index.php or elsewhere?
        What is the output of :version ; in particular, does it include +perl ?
        Do you have any idea whether there is something in your gvimrc file that
        is causing the crash?

        What plugin did you have to put inside the Vim package? Where did
        you put it? What is the output of

        :scriptnames
        :verbose set rtp?

        BTW, I tried all the simple examples under

        :help perl-using

        on my 10.4/PPC PowerBook, and had no trouble.

        HTH --Benji Fisher

        On Tue, Jul 18, 2006 at 08:55:28AM +0100, Joseph Workman wrote:
        > I thought I would try to run it via command line to see what errors
        > came up on the terminal.
        >
        > sourcing "$HOME/.gvimrc"
        > finished sourcing $HOME/.gvimrc
        > E341: Internal error: lalloc(0, )Vim: Caught deadly signal BUS
        >
        > Writing viminfo file "/Users/jworkman/.viminfo"Vim: Finished.
        >
        > I also tried to run Vim6.4 and it worked just fine. However, I had to
        > place the plugin inside the VIM package because it was not sourcing
        > stuff in my $HOME/.vim directory. Why is that?
        >
        > What are the major benefits of Vim7 over Vim6.4 anyways?
        >
        > Any thoughts on fixing this would be greatly appreciated?
        >
        > Cheers
        > Joe
        >
        > On Jul 17, 2006, at 9:56 PM, Joseph Workman wrote:
        >
        > >I am missing perl-support . . . . There has to be someone out there
        > >who has it working on OSX Tiger!!!! Please, anyone!!!!! :o)
        > >
        > >Cheers
        > >Joe
      • Brian McKee

          On 18-Jul-06, at 9:42 AM, Benji Fisher wrote:

          > There seem to be several problems here. If you are running
          > Tiger,
          > then do you have an Intel or PPC Mac? Did you compile yourself or did
          > you get binaries from http://macvim.org/OSX/index.php or elsewhere?
          > What is the output of :version ; in particular, does it include
          > +perl ?
          > Do you have any idea whether there is something in your gvimrc file
          > that
          > is causing the crash?
          >
          > What plugin did you have to put inside the Vim package? Where
          > did
          > you put it? What is the output of
          >
          > :scriptnames
          > :verbose set rtp?
          >
          > BTW, I tried all the simple examples under
          >
          > :help perl-using
          >
          > on my 10.4/PPC PowerBook, and had no trouble.
          >
          > HTH --Benji Fisher
          >
          > On Tue, Jul 18, 2006 at 08:55:28AM +0100, Joseph Workman wrote:
          >> I thought I would try to run it via command line to see what errors
          >> came up on the terminal.
          >>
          >> sourcing "$HOME/.gvimrc"
          >> finished sourcing $HOME/.gvimrc
          >> E341: Internal error: lalloc(0, )Vim: Caught deadly signal BUS
          >>
          >> Writing viminfo file "/Users/jworkman/.viminfo"Vim: Finished.
          >>
          >> I also tried to run Vim6.4 and it worked just fine. However, I had to
          >> place the plugin inside the VIM package because it was not sourcing
          >> stuff in my $HOME/.vim directory. Why is that?
          >>
          >> What are the major benefits of Vim7 over Vim6.4 anyways?
          >>
          >> Any thoughts on fixing this would be greatly appreciated?
          >>
          >> Cheers
          >> Joe
          >>
          >> On Jul 17, 2006, at 9:56 PM, Joseph Workman wrote:
          >>
          >>> I am missing perl-support . . . . There has to be someone out there
          >>> who has it working on OSX Tiger!!!! Please, anyone!!!!! :o)
          >>>
          >>> Cheers
          >>> Joe

          Hey, this is interesting - remember Benjii I told you Vim 7 crashed
          on my machine?
          I must confess to Joe that I'm back to using 6.4 as I haven't figured
          out why yet.
          Maybe perl-support is the problem!

          Benji - note I think he is referring to http://vim.sourceforge.net/
          scripts/script.php?script_id=556
          not the examples you pointed out (which I've never seen before - have
          to investigate :-)

          Joe - I see from the latest release notes
          > + Adaption for Vim 7
          Are you using version 3? or an older version?
          In my case it's an older version - and I'm going to try the new one
          to see if it fixes my issue.

          Maybe it's a fixed problem.

          Brian
        • jose neta
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 21 7:19 AM
            2006/7/18, Brian McKee <map@...>:

            > On 18-Jul-06, at 9:42 AM, Benji Fisher wrote:
            >
            > > There seem to be several problems here. If you are running
            > > Tiger,
            > > then do you have an Intel or PPC Mac? Did you compile yourself or did
            > > you get binaries from http://macvim.org/OSX/index.php or elsewhere?
            > > What is the output of :version ; in particular, does it include
            > > +perl ?
            > > Do you have any idea whether there is something in your gvimrc file
            > > that
            > > is causing the crash?
            > >
            > > What plugin did you have to put inside the Vim package? Where
            > > did
            > > you put it? What is the output of
            > >
            > > :scriptnames
            > > :verbose set rtp?
            > >
            > > BTW, I tried all the simple examples under
            > >
            > > :help perl-using
            > >
            > > on my 10.4/PPC PowerBook, and had no trouble.
            > >
            > > HTH --Benji Fisher
            > >
            > > On Tue, Jul 18, 2006 at 08:55:28AM +0100, Joseph Workman wrote:
            > >> I thought I would try to run it via command line to see what errors
            > >> came up on the terminal.
            > >>
            > >> sourcing "$HOME/.gvimrc"
            > >> finished sourcing $HOME/.gvimrc
            > >> E341: Internal error: lalloc(0, )Vim: Caught deadly signal BUS
            > >>
            > >> Writing viminfo file "/Users/jworkman/.viminfo"Vim: Finished.
            > >>
            > >> I also tried to run Vim6.4 and it worked just fine. However, I had to
            > >> place the plugin inside the VIM package because it was not sourcing
            > >> stuff in my $HOME/.vim directory. Why is that?
            > >>
            > >> What are the major benefits of Vim7 over Vim6.4 anyways?
            > >>
            > >> Any thoughts on fixing this would be greatly appreciated?
            > >>
            > >> Cheers
            > >> Joe

            > Hey, this is interesting - remember Benjii I told you Vim 7 crashed
            > on my machine?
            > I must confess to Joe that I'm back to using 6.4 as I haven't figured
            > out why yet.
            > Maybe perl-support is the problem!
            >
            > Benji - note I think he is referring to http://vim.sourceforge.net/
            > scripts/script.php?script_id=556
            > not the examples you pointed out (which I've never seen before - have
            > to investigate :-)
            >
            > Joe - I see from the latest release notes
            > > + Adaption for Vim 7
            > Are you using version 3? or an older version?
            > In my case it's an older version - and I'm going to try the new one
            > to see if it fixes my issue.
            >
            > Maybe it's a fixed problem.
            >
            > Brian

            Hi everibody! I'm using Tigger and and Intel processor.
            I'm can't see the menus of c.vim, bash-support, perl-support. I did
            $:scriptnames and they appear in the list. The problem is: I can't manage to
            put them work. I'm new in OS X and in Windows I found no problem but here

            JPN