Scripts with OS X tigger

  • jose neta
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 17 7:20 AM
      Hello!
      I'm new in OS X and I would love to use the scripts which I've been
      used in Windows XP. The scripts are bash-support, perl-support and
      latexSuite. For XP it's easy! We only have to copy the files to the
      specific path, but I couldn't manage how to do this for OS X and I
      couldn't found the instructions.
      Thank you in advance.

      --
      JPN
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 18 6:18 AM
        On Mon, Jul 17, 2006 at 03:20:57PM +0100, jose neta wrote:
        > Hello!
        > I'm new in OS X and I would love to use the scripts which I've been
        > used in Windows XP. The scripts are bash-support, perl-support and
        > latexSuite. For XP it's easy! We only have to copy the files to the
        > specific path, but I couldn't manage how to do this for OS X and I
        > couldn't found the instructions.
        > Thank you in advance.
        >
        > --
        > JPN

        I think that OS X is close enough to *NIX that you can follow those
        instructions. Briefly, replace $VIM/vimfiles/ with ~/.vim/ . If that
        does not work, or if you want more detailed instructions, please give
        pointers (e.g. URL's) to the scripts you want to use.

        HTH --Benji Fisher
      • jose neta
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 20 9:23 AM
          2006/7/18, Benji Fisher <benji@...>:

          > On Mon, Jul 17, 2006 at 03:20:57PM +0100, jose neta wrote:
          > > Hello!
          > > I'm new in OS X and I would love to use the scripts which I've been
          > > used in Windows XP. The scripts are bash-support, perl-support and
          > > latexSuite. For XP it's easy! We only have to copy the files to the
          > > specific path, but I couldn't manage how to do this for OS X and I
          > > couldn't found the instructions.
          > > Thank you in advance.
          > >
          > > --
          > > JPN
          >
          > I think that OS X is close enough to *NIX that you can follow those
          > instructions. Briefly, replace $VIM/vimfiles/ with ~/.vim/ . If that
          > does not work, or if you want more detailed instructions, please give
          > pointers (e.g. URL's) to the scripts you want to use.
          >
          > HTH --Benji Fisher

          Hi!
          Thank you for your reply and sorry my late reply!
          Those are the scripts I couldn't manage to put on:
          I'm using a macbook with Intel and mac OS X tigger 10.4.6
          Thank you

          --
          JPN
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 20 10:43 PM
            On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 05:23:52PM +0100, jose neta wrote:
            > 2006/7/18, Benji Fisher <benji@...>:
            > >
            > >On Mon, Jul 17, 2006 at 03:20:57PM +0100, jose neta wrote:
            > >> Hello!
            > >> I'm new in OS X and I would love to use the scripts which I've been
            > >> used in Windows XP. The scripts are bash-support, perl-support and
            > >> latexSuite. For XP it's easy! We only have to copy the files to the
            > >> specific path, but I couldn't manage how to do this for OS X and I
            > >> couldn't found the instructions.
            > >> Thank you in advance.
            > >>
            > >> --
            > >> JPN
            > >
            > > I think that OS X is close enough to *NIX that you can follow those
            > >instructions. Briefly, replace $VIM/vimfiles/ with ~/.vim/ . If that
            > >does not work, or if you want more detailed instructions, please give
            > >pointers (e.g. URL's) to the scripts you want to use.
            > >
            > >HTH --Benji Fisher
            > >

            > Hi!
            > Thank you for your reply and sorry my late reply!
            > Those are the scripts I couldn't manage to put on:
            > I'm using a macbook with Intel and mac OS X tigger 10.4.6
            > Thank you

            LaTeX suite is complicated, so let's start with bash support, your
            second package. Open up a Terminal window. If you do not already have
            a .vim/ directory, then create one:

            $ mkdir ~/.vim

            Then save the zip file to that directory. Since the name starts with a
            dot, you may have trouble pointing Finder or other GUI tools there. (I
            am sitting at my Linux machine now, with ssh access to my Mac, but no
            GUI. I do not remember, and cannot test, whether there is a check box
            for "show hidden directories" or some such.) If you cannot find an
            easier way, then save the zip file to your desktop, for example, and go
            back to the Terminal window:

            $ cd ~/.vim
            $ mv ~/Desktop/bash-support.zip .

            Then, follow the directions given in
            http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=365 :

            $ unzip bash-support.zip

            and you should be in business.

            HTH --Benji Fisher
          • jose neta
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 21 7:22 AM
              I did all you said and I folow the instructions but I still not visualize
              the menus and the hotkeys don't work at all. I'm realy need perl-support
              bash-support c.vim and latex.
              Thank you

              --
              JPN
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 27 10:19 AM
                If you changed BASH_Root to "ALTERADO", then there is no Bash menu.
                What does

                :menu ALTERADO

                show? Exactly what did you use instead of

                let s:BASH_Root = 'B&ash.'

                Did you include the '.' after 'ALTERADO' ?

                If you try something like

                :amenu ALTERADO.test <Nop>

                do you see an ALTERADO menu?

                HTH --Benji Fisher

                On Thu, Jul 27, 2006 at 06:10:59PM +0100, jose neta wrote:
                > Hi!
                > Thank you for the reply.
                > I did the comment in the line you said. And I altered the value of BASH_Root
                > to "ALTERADO" that means in Portuguese Altered. But I still not viewing the
                > menus! And the command :menu Bash says: "No menu of that name"
                > Thank you for the efforts you have made.
                >

                > 2006/7/26, Benji Fisher <benji@...>:
                > >
                > > I think this is the first time you have mentioned thie specific
                > >problem.
                > >
                > > I do see some problems with bash-support.vim and perl-support.vim
                > >(as I mentioned on another thread). Let's stick with bash-support.vim
                > >for now. First, I suggest commenting out (or deleting) the line
                > >
                > > exe "amenu ".s:BASH_Root.'<Tab>Bash <Esc>'
                > >
                > >from plugin/bash-support.vim . I find that this line causes vim to
                > >crash (when the GUIis running). Perhaps you have set s:BASH_Root to
                > >something other than its default value, in which case it may not be a
                > >problem for you. After making this change, quit and restart Vim.app .
                > >
                > > At this point, do you have the menus? If not, what does
                > >
                > >:menu Bash
                > >
                > >show? How about
                > >
                > >:map <S-F1>
                > >
                > >and so on?
                > >
                > >HTH --Benji Fisher
              • jose neta
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 27 10:33 AM
                  Ok I already put the value of BASH_Root to "B&ash." and the line 144 is also
                  commented and the :menu Bash command still saying: No menu for that name.
                  Tanks

                  --
                  JPN
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 27 12:40 PM
                    Did you quit and restart vim after changing BASH_Root back to
                    'B&ash.' ?

                    Again, what happens when you try to create your own menu? After

                    :amenu Foo.Bar <Nop>

                    do you see a Foo menu?

                    It might be worth running the BASH_InitMenu() function in debug
                    mode:

                    :debug call BASH_InitMenu()

                    and so on. (The prompt in debug mode is "> " .)

                    HTH --Benji Fisher