Vim.app and command line?

  • Rick Hogg
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 14, 2006
      Hello,
      I have VIM 7 installed on my Powerbook. I have it
      installed to only work on the command line, and I'm
      happy with that, but is it possible to install the Mac
      GUI and still be able to access VIM from the command
      line? The way the documentation reads is that I can
      only have one or the other.

      Thanks,
      Rick

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Andre Berger
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 14, 2006
        * Rick Hogg (2006-07-15):
        > Hello,
        > I have VIM 7 installed on my Powerbook. I have it
        > installed to only work on the command line, and I'm
        > happy with that, but is it possible to install the Mac
        > GUI and still be able to access VIM from the command
        > line? The way the documentation reads is that I can
        > only have one or the other.

        /path/to/vim -g

        :)

        -Andre
      • Andre Berger
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 14, 2006
          * Andre Berger (2006-07-15):
          > * Rick Hogg (2006-07-15):
          > > Hello,
          > > I have VIM 7 installed on my Powerbook. I have it
          > > installed to only work on the command line, and I'm
          > > happy with that, but is it possible to install the Mac
          > > GUI and still be able to access VIM from the command
          > > line? The way the documentation reads is that I can
          > > only have one or the other.
          >
          > /path/to/vim -g

          By which I meant, yes, it's possible.

          Alternatively,

          open -a vim

          -Andre
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 18, 2006
            On Sat, Jul 15, 2006 at 07:56:32AM +0200, Andre Berger wrote:
            > * Andre Berger (2006-07-15):
            > > * Rick Hogg (2006-07-15):
            > > > Hello,
            > > > I have VIM 7 installed on my Powerbook. I have it
            > > > installed to only work on the command line, and I'm
            > > > happy with that, but is it possible to install the Mac
            > > > GUI and still be able to access VIM from the command
            > > > line? The way the documentation reads is that I can
            > > > only have one or the other.
            > >
            > > /path/to/vim -g
            >
            > By which I meant, yes, it's possible.
            >
            > Alternatively,