Re: gui tabline for mac vim; general direction for mac vim

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 13, 2006
      Nicolas Weber wrote:

      > I've written a gui tabline implementation for mac vim. I've been
      > using it for three weeks for now, it seems to work quite good, even
      > the required context menu is included ;-). The patch against vim7 svn
      > is attached, apply it with -p1. You can find some notes I wrote when
      > I implemented it here (there's a screenshot as well):
      > http://www.amnoid.de/vim/vimmacnotes.html
      > The attached patch contains the drawer implementation.
      >
      > This is the first time I'm submitting a patch (and the first time I
      > played with vim's code), so I'm thankful for all comments...

      Thanks for making this patch. Before including it I'll await comments
      from others.

      > Another question: I'm playing with the thought of porting the mac vim
      > port to carbon events (currently it uses a seriously deprecated event
      > handling method). Furthermore, I'd like to use HIView for the gui
      > stuff (the latter change would make vim dependent on OS X 10.2,
      > currently it requires 10.0). Are there any chances a patch for these
      > things would be accepted?

      I would think hardly anyone uses 10.0 or 10.1. Using 10.2 as the
      minimum version should be OK. We dropped OS 9 support a while ago.

      Before changing code for new features, I hope the current problems with
      ATSUI can be fixed. And a few other known bugs.

      --
      If Microsoft would build a car...
      ... The airbag system would ask "are you SURE?" before deploying.