Re: More pasting problems

  • Chris.Rimmer@nominet.org.uk
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 7, 2006
      Replying to my own post - I should have said that I'm using Vim 7.0
      (2006-05-07).

      I've also found that Vim 6.4 acts more like you'd expect. You can paste
      happily into it from Notes and pasting into Notes causes the text to show
      up, but mangled into one long line.

      Curiouser and curiouser...

      Chris

      ====
      Chris Rimmer
      Development Team Leader
      Nominet UK
      +44 (0) 1865 332334
      http://chrs.me.uk
      ====
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 7, 2006
        On Wed, Jun 07, 2006 at 05:40:08PM +0100, Chris.Rimmer@... wrote:
        > Replying to my own post - I should have said that I'm using Vim 7.0
        > (2006-05-07).
        >
        > I've also found that Vim 6.4 acts more like you'd expect. You can paste
        > happily into it from Notes and pasting into Notes causes the text to show
        > up, but mangled into one long line.
        >
        > Curiouser and curiouser...

        I wish I had a better answer, but ... have you tried compiling vim
        with "normal" features, rather than "big" or "huge"? That might make it
        act more like 6.4.

        HTH --Benji Fisher
      • Chris.Rimmer@nominet.org.uk
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 9, 2006
          Yes indeed. Compiling with "normal" features makes it work like 6.4. With
          "big" I get the odd paste behaviour....

          Chris