More pasting problems

  • Chris.Rimmer@nominet.org.uk
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 7 7:16 AM
      Following on from the discussion of pasting into Entourage, I get problems
      pasting (in either direction!) between Vim and Lotus Notes. Vim seems to
      put its data on the clipboard in Unix format which is not recognised by
      Notes whereas Notes puts its data on the clipboard in Dos format, which is
      not recognised by Vim. In either case, pasting does absolutely nothing.
      I've written scripts to convert the text on the clipboard, which pipe the
      output of pbpaste through sed and back to pbcopy. But I don't want to
      have to run a script in order to cut and paste!

      I've tried changing the fileformat in Vim, but it seems to make no
      difference.

      Any ideas?

      Chris

      ====
      Chris Rimmer
      Development Team Leader
      Nominet UK
      +44 (0) 1865 332334
      http://chrs.me.uk
      ====
    • Chris.Rimmer@nominet.org.uk
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 7 9:40 AM
        Replying to my own post - I should have said that I'm using Vim 7.0
        (2006-05-07).

        I've also found that Vim 6.4 acts more like you'd expect. You can paste
        happily into it from Notes and pasting into Notes causes the text to show
        up, but mangled into one long line.

        Curiouser and curiouser...

        Chris

        ====
        Chris Rimmer
        Development Team Leader
        Nominet UK
        +44 (0) 1865 332334
        http://chrs.me.uk
        ====
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 7 8:07 PM
          On Wed, Jun 07, 2006 at 05:40:08PM +0100, Chris.Rimmer@... wrote:
          > Replying to my own post - I should have said that I'm using Vim 7.0
          > (2006-05-07).
          >
          > I've also found that Vim 6.4 acts more like you'd expect. You can paste
          > happily into it from Notes and pasting into Notes causes the text to show
          > up, but mangled into one long line.
          >
          > Curiouser and curiouser...

          I wish I had a better answer, but ... have you tried compiling vim
          with "normal" features, rather than "big" or "huge"? That might make it
          act more like 6.4.

          HTH --Benji Fisher
        • Chris.Rimmer@nominet.org.uk
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 9 6:29 AM
            Yes indeed. Compiling with "normal" features makes it work like 6.4. With
            "big" I get the odd paste behaviour....

            Chris