Weird pasting behavior with entourage

  • Gary Furash
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 3, 2006
      If I paste a vim text document (select all, copy, paste) into the body of a
      Microsoft Entourage note body, entourage acts as if there are no line feeds
      and squishes all the lines together (even if I'm pasting an indented
      outline). This doesn't happen in the other direction (copy from entourage
      to vim).

      If I copy from VIM to say text edit, then from there to vim, everything
      works fine.

      I'm using OSX (latest) with vim, os version, http://macvim.org/OSX, 2006
      May 7).
    • Ned Konz
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 3, 2006
        Gary Furash wrote:
        > If I paste a vim text document (select all, copy, paste) into the body of a
        > Microsoft Entourage note body, entourage acts as if there are no line feeds
        > and squishes all the lines together (even if I'm pasting an indented
        > outline). This doesn't happen in the other direction (copy from entourage
        > to vim).
        >
        > If I copy from VIM to say text edit, then from there to vim, everything
        > works fine.
        >
        > I'm using OSX (latest) with vim, os version, http://macvim.org/OSX, 2006
        > May 7).

        So what fileformat (i.e. line ending convention) are you using?

        try

        :set ff

        Have you tried changing it and then copying?

        :set ff=dos

        or

        :set ff=unix

        You can set a preferred fileformat order using

        set ffs=unix,mac,dos

        or similar.

        --
        Ned Konz
        ned@...
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 4, 2006
          Yep, that was it. The fileformat default on my mac is UNIX, but if I change
          it to dos the cut and paste thing works fine. I'm guessing its the infamous
          cr/lf thing

          --
          Gary Furash, MBA, PMP
          furashg@..., http://complexwork.blospot.com