Patch for 'osfiletype' support in Mac OS X (Vim 7.0)

  • Ned Konz
    Message 1 of 1 , May 25, 2006
      Attached is a patch for Vim 7.0.017 that adds 'osfiletype' support.

      Go easy on me; it's my first real Mac programming accomplishment.

      However, it seems to work. It doesn't touch creator codes, but then Vim
      doesn't seem to set them.

      It doesn't change osfiletype codes unless you set them; you can set an
      autocommand or filetype plugin to set the osfiletype codes:

      " make .otl files write as TEXT
      au BufWritePre *.otl set osfiletype=TEXT

      I know, you'll say that "fileType codes are no longer necessary". But
      I've found that to get Vim to open files without extensions (instead of
      (say) TextEdit) I have to have the files marked as TEXT (or as some
      other fileType that Vim is associated with; it's easiest just to set Vim
      as the default text editor and use TEXT).

      Thanks,
      --
      Ned Konz
      ned@...