Build vim7 from source

  • mn
    Message 1 of 1 , May 20, 2006
      Trying to build vim7 from source on my pb, i stumbled about the
      correct procedure for cvs checkout:
      cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@...:/cvsroot/vim login
      cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@...:/cvsroot/vim co -
      P modulename
      where modulename translates to vim7

      This was where i stumbled:
      http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20060516171818393

      This results in a vim 7.0.17 so that i can't believe the note on
      vim.org stating that there are problems with cvs on sf.

      Yesterday i tried to do the same trick with svn which ended in the
      errormessage:
      svn co https://svn.sf.net/svnroot/vim7
      svn: Unrecognized URL scheme 'https://svn.sf.net/svnroot/vim7'

      I would be grateful for any pointers on how to get vim7 via svn.
      I installed the svn-client package using fink as it isnt installed by
      default.

      TIA,
      Michael