Vim.app 7.0 available at macvim.org

    Message 1 of 1 , May 9, 2006
      Vim Mac fans:

      You can now get pre-compiled Vim.app for OS X 10.2, 10.3, and 10.4
      from http://macvim.org/OSX/index.php#Downloading . Thanks to Peter
      Cucka and Jonathan Cooley for compiling two of the binaries.

      I will spend some time updating macvim.org today.

      I am looking for a new host for macvim.org . I would prefer a site
      that provides SSH access and PHP and allows me to set up restricted FTP
      accounts. I could make do with much less, such as an HTTP or FTP server
      for the files, with the web pages stored somewhere else. The site uses
      a lot of bandwidth: in April and so far in May, the average load has
      been over 900 MB per day. Any volunteers?

      Some new FAQs:

      Q: At startup, I get error messages about menus that do not exist. What
      should I do?

      A: Start vim and do
      :e $VIM/gvimrc
      Read the comments there.

      Q: My fonts are not displayed properly. How can I fix it?

      A: Unfortunately, there is no easy answer. There is a new binary option,
      'macasui'. When it is set (the default) certain Unicode fonts should be
      displayed better than in vim 6.4. When it is reset, font rendering is
      mostly the same as in vim 6.4. It may help to try different fonts by
      setting 'guifont'. Other options that may matter include 'encoding',
      'termencoding', 'fileencoding', and 'antialias'. Several users report
      that
      :set nomacatsui antialias termencoding=macroman gfn=Monaco:h13
      works well for them.

      --Benji Fisher