^I and vim70

  • Nicholas Cole
    Message 1 of 2 , May 8 2:01 PM
      Just trying the latest vim70 binary, and tab completion of commands
      seems to be broken. I've deleted/moved all my old vimrc files, so
      hopefully everything is just standard, but if I enter:

      :help ant<TAB>, A blue ^I gets inserted instead of the word being tab
      completed. There's probably a simple fix, but "out of the box"
      something seems broken on my system.

      Best wishes,

      N.
      Message 2 of 2 , May 8 7:02 PM
        On Mon, May 08, 2006 at 11:01:00PM +0200, Nicholas Cole wrote:
        > Just trying the latest vim70 binary, and tab completion of commands
        > seems to be broken. I've deleted/moved all my old vimrc files, so
        > hopefully everything is just standard, but if I enter:
        >
        > :help ant<TAB>, A blue ^I gets inserted instead of the word being tab
        > completed. There's probably a simple fix, but "out of the box"
        > something seems broken on my system.
        >
        > Best wishes,
        >
        > N.

        The problem is that you have moved or deleted your vimrc file. See
        the paragraph labeled "Important" under

        http://macvim.org/OSX/index.php#Downloading

        or read

        :help 'compatible'