Compile vim7.0

  • Silent1
    Message 1 of 2 , May 7, 2006
      I'm trying to compile the latest stable version of vim 7 for my g4 mac
      mini (running tiger), i've tried to compile all the betas released for
      vim 7 and they all fail, the configure scirpt produces no errors but
      when i type make it fails at this point,
      /usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
      _XpmCreatePixmapFromData
      _XpmFreeAttributes
      _XpmReadFileToPixmap
      /usr/bin/ld: warning weak symbol references not set in output with
      MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET environment variable set to: 10.1
      /usr/bin/ld: warning weak referenced symbols:
      _getaddrinfo
      collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
      make[1]: *** [vim] Error 1
      make: *** [reconfig] Error 2

      I'm not sure what package i must download or what include i must pass
      to the compiler, thanks in advance.
      Message 2 of 2 , May 8, 2006
        On Sun, May 07, 2006 at 08:03:06PM -0400, Silent1 wrote:
        > I'm trying to compile the latest stable version of vim 7 for my g4 mac
        > mini (running tiger), i've tried to compile all the betas released for
        > vim 7 and they all fail, the configure scirpt produces no errors but
        > when i type make it fails at this point,
        > /usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
        > _XpmCreatePixmapFromData
        > _XpmFreeAttributes
        > _XpmReadFileToPixmap
        > /usr/bin/ld: warning weak symbol references not set in output with
        > MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET environment variable set to: 10.1
        > /usr/bin/ld: warning weak referenced symbols:
        > _getaddrinfo
        > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
        > make[1]: *** [vim] Error 1
        > make: *** [reconfig] Error 2
        >
        > I'm not sure what package i must download or what include i must pass
        > to the compiler, thanks in advance.

        I do not get this error. There must be some difference between
        your system and mine, and it is hard to say what it is.

        I think the error message means that you have configured to
        cross-compile for OS X 10.1. Try looking at the configure logs to
        figure out how and where the MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET variable gets set.
        It is not set in your environment, is it?

        $ echo $MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET

        HTH --Benji Fisher