Re: deadly signal BUS in 7.0f04 with tabs

  • Antoine Reilles
    Message 1 of 3 , May 3, 2006
      Hi,

      On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 01:04:53PM -0400, Benji Fisher wrote:
      > On Tue, May 02, 2006 at 05:58:40PM +0200, Antoine Reilles wrote:
      > > I'm trying Vim 7.0f04 (from subversion), and got a strange behavior:
      > >
      > > Launching gvim
      > > :e somefile
      > > :tabedit someotherfile
      > > :bd
      > >
      > > lets vim crach, with
      > > $ Vim: Caught deadly signal BUS
      > > ~/travail/jtom-papers/mutraveler
      > > Vim: Finished.
      > >
      > > Is this a known bug ?
      > > It happens both in terminal and with the mac gui
      > >
      > > Cheers,
      > > antoine
      >
      > I do not think this is a known bug, and I cannot reproduce it. I
      > have two suggestions. First, try starting vim without loading any
      > scripts:
      >
      > $ path/to/Vim.app/Contents/MacOS/Vim -u NONE
      >
      > See if there is a problem with one of your personal plugins or
      > something.
      No change: it still produces the bus error

      > Second, try upgrading to 7.0g (where I tested it).
      I svn updated: 7.0g-01 BETA just behaves correctly ;-)

      > Never mind the second. I still have a copy of vim 7.0f03, and I
      > could not reproduce the crash with that version, either. It is unlikely
      > (but still possible, I guess) that the problem is that version-specific.

      It looks like i picked the wrong version.

      Here is a backtrace of the problem, with vim 7.0f04 BETA running under
      gdb

      Program received signal EXC_BAD_ACCESS, Could not access memory.
      Reason: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at address: 0x00000000
      draw_tabline () at screen.c:8928
      warning: Source file is more recent than executable.

      8928 get_trans_bufname(cwp->w_buffer);
      (gdb) bt
      #0 draw_tabline () at screen.c:8928
      #1 0x000ec898 in draw_tabline () at screen.c:8885