Re: Errors in .vimrc with 7.0g

  • Brian McKee
      Message 2 of 4 , May 3 9:37 AM
        On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 10:38:03AM -0400, Brian McKee wrote:

        > On 3-May-06, at 8:21 AM, Benji Fisher wrote:
        >
        > >On Tue, May 02, 2006 at 10:00:54AM -0400, Brian McKee wrote:
        > >>
        > >>Hi All
        > >> I'm running 10.4.6 on a G5 iMac. I have downloaded and tried 7.0e
        > >>and 7.0g in the last couple of days, and it doesn't like my .vimrc
        >
        > {snippage}
        >
        > >For a quick work-around, try adding
        > >set nocp
        > >to your vimrc file.
        >
        > Hi Benjii
        > Thanks for the quick response.
        > Your suggestion gets it to load without stated errors in
        > Terminal.app, but at least some of my added plugins etc aren't
        > working. If I try launching it as a GUI, it just crashes.
        > I'm in no rush - 6.4 is doing what I need, I just wanted to report
        > the issue. Let me know if you need any more data whenever you do
        > want to look at it.
        > Brian

        I do not like it when vim crashes. The problem may be at your end:
        your plugins may be incompatible with vim 7.0 in some way. I would
        appreciate more information in case there is something that should be
        fixed in the distribution before the final release ov bim 7.0. (Unless
        there are a lot of problems with the current beta release, there will
        not be any more betas.)

        --Benji Fisher