Disappearing cursor in normal mode on vim7

  • David Morel
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2006
      Hi, I get an annoying behaviour in normal mode on vim7 : the cursor
      disappears and only reappears when i stop pressing the direction key,
      be it h, j, k, l, w, b or whatever. It makes it impossible to know
      where it is while moving. Funny thing is it displays this behaviour
      in normal mode only (in insert mode the cursor is fine) and in
      certain windows (not in help windows, for instance). Any clue ?
    • David Morel
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2006
        Le 1 mai 06 à 22:00, David Morel a écrit :

        > Hi, I get an annoying behaviour in normal mode on vim7 : the cursor
        > disappears and only reappears when i stop pressing the direction
        > key, be it h, j, k, l, w, b or whatever. It makes it impossible to
        > know where it is while moving. Funny thing is it displays this
        > behaviour in normal mode only (in insert mode the cursor is fine)
        > and in certain windows (not in help windows, for instance). Any clue ?

        ok i got it. any fold method other than manual gives this behaviour.
        annoying :(

        D.Morel