Re: still no antialiasing in 7.0g
- Le 1 mai 06 à 14:15, Benji Fisher a écrit :
> On Sun, Apr 30, 2006 at 11:29:17PM +0200, David Morel wrote:I use Mac OSX 10.4.6 PPC, french localized. Behaviour is the same
>> great ! her's the (apparently) winning combination on my setup :
>> :set nomacatsui antialias
>> :set termencoding=macroman
>> :set encoding=latin1
>> Thanks a lot.
> I am glad to have some good news for a change! For the record,
> what version of OS X are you using? What font? And are you
> looking at
> plain ASCII text or something more challenging ?
using Anonymous, Aerial Mono or Monaco.
I use encoding=latin1
If i start with defaults, typing é normally displays e acute ('2' key
on a french keyboard),
with :set nomacatsui, typing é displays a capital e grave,
with :set nomacatsui and :set termencoding=macroman, typing é
displays e acute.
antialiasing works only with macatsui disabled
contrary to what i thought (and what is written in the docs),
termencoding is not set to "macroman" by default, but "".
does that help ?
Apparently, using odd (I'd like to display in size 11) font sizes
still shows some kerning problems. okay, i'll use 10 ;)
- 2006/4/30, David Morel <david.morel@...>:
>set nomacatsui antialias
> Le 30 avr. 06 à 23:18, Benji Fisher a écrit :
> > On Sun, Apr 30, 2006 at 11:03:02PM +0200, David Morel wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >> I just downloaded vim 7.0g hoping the antialiasing issue was solved,
> >> alas it is not :) Still have aliased fonts on Tiger.
> >> I noticed, compiling from sources, that disabling multibyte support
> >> enables antialiasing again. But then i lose the accented
> >> characters...
> >> D.Morel
> > As I just wrote in a separate post, font rendering is still known
> > to be problematic. I see a difference when I
> > :set antialias
> > on my 10.3 and 10.4/PPC machines, but this causes problems with
> > certain
> > fonts. With
> > :set nomacatsui noantialias
> great ! her's the (apparently) winning combination on my setup :
> :set nomacatsui antialias
> :set termencoding=macroman
> :set encoding=latin1
works perfectly for me