Re: vim 56 - Japanese version

  • Axel Kielhorn
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 12, 2000
      At 17:30 Uhr +0900 2000-04-11, Kenichi Asai wrote:
      >Dear Vim-Mac developpers,

      >In my previous e-mails, I reported that changes on screen.c and
      >chartab.c were necessary to use Japanese. It turned out that by
      >setting
      >
      >set isprint=@,~-255
      >
      >those changes are unnecessary. (On Windows, the above setting is the
      >default. On Macintosh, it isn't.)

      This is a bug, 128 - 160 are printable, will be fixed in the next
      non-japanese release that I hope to prepare over the easter break.

      >This is incorporated as 5.6.052.

      Axel, 5 patches behind

      --
      Adults get far more pleasure from adultery
      than children do from infancy
      Message 2 of 12 , May 9, 2000
        * Axel Kielhorn <Axel.noSpam@...> [000416 15:23]:
        > >In my previous e-mails, I reported that changes on screen.c and
        > >chartab.c were necessary to use Japanese. It turned out that by
        > >setting "set isprint=@,~-255" those changes are unnecessary. (On
        > >Windows, the above setting is the default. On Macintosh, it isn't.)
        > This is a bug, 128 - 160 are printable, will be fixed in the next
        > non-japanese release that I hope to prepare over the easter break.

        Well, was it possible for you to produce a new version?

        Also, could we please decide on a
        MacVim to be *the* official one?

        I am getting sick of telling people this stuff:

        MacVim is available from every ftp mirror.
        However, there are three sites with updates:
        Obe by Dany St-Amant, obe by Axel Kielhorn,
        and one by Kenichi Asai ("MacVim Japanese").
        Please let me know which version you are using.

        For me it means more work altogether:
        Maintain more info, keep more links,
        keep contact with ebern more people,
        and confuse the hell out of the users.

        I'd *really* appreciate if you guys would get
        your stuff together and decide on *one* person
        to maintain *the* MacVim on ftp.vim.org.

        I know this won't solve the requests for
        "please make me a binary with +perl"
        but then again it's Apple's problem that
        there they don't supply a free compiler..

        Sven
      • G. Mark Stewart
        Message 3 of 12 , May 9, 2000
          Pardon the dumb question, but is there a single list I could
          look at to show the differences between VIM and VI? Or are my
          own differences likely due to something I've inadvertently set?
          As an example, I'm used to marking a line and then deleting to
          that mark, as in "ma" then move to another spot, and "d'a",
          which doesn't work in my VIM. Any other differences?

          Mark

          Sven Guckes wrote:

          > * Axel Kielhorn <Axel.noSpam@...> [000416 15:23]:
          > > >In my previous e-mails, I reported that changes on screen.c and
          > > >chartab.c were necessary to use Japanese. It turned out that by
          > > >setting "set isprint=@,~-255" those changes are unnecessary. (On
          > > >Windows, the above setting is the default. On Macintosh, it isn't.)
          > > This is a bug, 128 - 160 are printable, will be fixed in the next
          > > non-japanese release that I hope to prepare over the easter break.
          >
          > Well, was it possible for you to produce a new version?
          >
          > Also, could we please decide on a
          > MacVim to be *the* official one?
          >
          > I am getting sick of telling people this stuff:
          >
          > MacVim is available from every ftp mirror.
          > However, there are three sites with updates:
          > Obe by Dany St-Amant, obe by Axel Kielhorn,
          > and one by Kenichi Asai ("MacVim Japanese").
          > Please let me know which version you are using.
          >
          > For me it means more work altogether:
          > Maintain more info, keep more links,
          > keep contact with ebern more people,
          > and confuse the hell out of the users.
          >
          > I'd *really* appreciate if you guys would get
          > your stuff together and decide on *one* person
          > to maintain *the* MacVim on ftp.vim.org.
          >
          > I know this won't solve the requests for
          > "please make me a binary with +perl"
          > but then again it's Apple's problem that
          > there they don't supply a free compiler..
          >
          > Sven
        • Bram Moolenaar
          Message 4 of 12 , May 9, 2000
            Mark Stewart wrote:

            > Pardon the dumb question, but is there a single list I could
            > look at to show the differences between VIM and VI?

            :help vi-differences

            > Or are my
            > own differences likely due to something I've inadvertently set?
            > As an example, I'm used to marking a line and then deleting to
            > that mark, as in "ma" then move to another spot, and "d'a",
            > which doesn't work in my VIM. Any other differences?

            This should work in Vim exactly like it does in Vi. Did you remap ' to `
            perhaps?

            --
            This is an airconditioned room, do not open Windows.

          • Leedsnet
            Message 5 of 12 , May 9, 2000
              At 03:44 PM 5/9/00, Sven Guckes wrote:
              >I am getting sick of telling people this stuff:
              >
              > MacVim is available from every ftp mirror.
              > However, there are three sites with updates:
              > Obe by Dany St-Amant, obe by Axel Kielhorn,
              > and one by Kenichi Asai ("MacVim Japanese").
              > Please let me know which version you are using.

              I have tried to find an official MacVim site from the vim
              pages and have not been successful. Could you post
              a url where the full comte of what you are 'sick of telling
              people' can be found.

              I am also looking for a copy of a recent 'os_mac.c' I
              have been able to find or make for myself everything
              else.

              >I know this won't solve the requests for
              >"please make me a binary with +perl"
              >but then again it's Apple's problem that
              >there they don't supply a free compiler.

              Maybe they don't & may be they should, but you may
              find this < URL:http://devworld.apple.com/tools/mpw-tools/ >
              interesting.

              Ben.
              --
              Leedsnet - The information resource for Leeds and the West Riding
              < URL:http://www.leedsnet.com/ >
              Message 6 of 12 , May 9, 2000
                I'll check it out -- thanks!

                Mark

                Bram Moolenaar wrote:

                > Mark Stewart wrote:
                >
                > > Pardon the dumb question, but is there a single list I could
                > > look at to show the differences between VIM and VI?
                >
                > :help vi-differences
                >
                > > Or are my
                > > own differences likely due to something I've inadvertently set?
                > > As an example, I'm used to marking a line and then deleting to
                > > that mark, as in "ma" then move to another spot, and "d'a",
                > > which doesn't work in my VIM. Any other differences?
                >
                > This should work in Vim exactly like it does in Vi. Did you remap ' to `
                > perhaps?
                >
                > --
                > This is an airconditioned room, do not open Windows.
                >
                > /-/-- Bram Moolenaar --- Bram@... --- http://www.moolenaar.net --\-\
                > \-\-- Vim: http://www.vim.org ---- ICCF Holland: http://www.vim.org/iccf --/-/
              • david craig
                Message 7 of 12 , May 10, 2000
                  Ben-
                  On Tue, 9 May 2000, Leedsnet wrote:
                  > I have tried to find an official MacVim site from the vim pages
                  > and have not been successful. Could you post a url where the full
                  > comte of what you are 'sick of telling people' can be found.

                  What links I am aware of can be found on my core-dump of links at
                  about

                  <http://cda.mrs.umn.edu/~dac/Marks/code.html#corporate>

                  David

                  <http://cda.mrs.umn.edu/~dac/>
                • Sven Guckes
                  Message 8 of 12 , May 10, 2000
                    * Leedsnet <info@...> [000510 08:31]:

                    http://www.vim.org/macs.html

                    > Could you post a url where the full comte of what
                    > you are 'sick of telling people' can be found.

                    I could put all this onto the webpage -
                    but so far I have refrained from doing so.
                    I hope that this "official" page can simply
                    say "get your MacVim from any ftp mirror"...

                    > >I know this won't solve the requests for
                    > >"please make me a binary with +perl"
                    > >but then again it's Apple's problem that
                    > >there they don't supply a free compiler.
                    > Maybe they don't & may be they should,
                    > but you may find [MPW] interesting.
                    > http://devworld.apple.com/tools/mpw-tools/

                    I have seen MPW - years ago.
                    Has it become any better?
                    I mean, has it become usable? ;-)
                    Anyone?

                    PS: "Ben/Leedsnet" - I had to "confirm"
                    your postings before they got onto the list.
                    So please subscribe if you want to post.
                    And fix the From: line to show your name.
                    Thanks!

                    Sven

                    --
                    Sven Guckes guckes@... --- Archive: http://www.egroups.com/list/vim-mac