new binary for Mac OS X

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 16, 2001
      I just uploaded a new
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 16, 2001
        Hi!

        I solved the $VIM problem the easy way: I have packaged the binary
        and the runtime folders in an ordinary folder (not a bundle0 called
        vim/ . This way, $VIM gets set, automatically, to the right thing. The
        only problem is that the user has to install the vim/ folder, with Vim.app
        inside it, in Applications/ (or wherever).

        You can get the whole package, or any part of it, from my idisk:
        Unfortunately, I forgot to compress it. :-( Now I am at home, and my ISP
        kicks me off before a 3.2 MB upload is complete. :-( I'll try again, but
        a compressed version may not get there until Monday.

        Please let me know whether this version works for you or not! I want
        to know if there are any problems before announcing this anywhere else.

        This version contains patches 1 to 93 and an additional patch from
        Dany St-Amant. It was compiled with -DMACOS_X_UNIX . I'll mention one
        problem in another post...

        --Benji Fisher
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 16, 2001
          On Saturday, November 17, 2001, at 12:17 AM, Benji Fisher wrote:

          > Hi!
          >
          > I solved the $VIM problem the easy way: I have packaged the binary
          > and the runtime folders in an ordinary folder (not a bundle0 called
          > vim/ . This way, $VIM gets set, automatically, to the right thing. The
          > only problem is that the user has to install the vim/ folder, with
          > Vim.app inside it, in Applications/ (or wherever).
          >
          > You can get the whole package, or any part of it, from my idisk:
          > Unfortunately, I forgot to compress it. :-( Now I am at home, and my ISP
          > kicks me off before a 3.2 MB upload is complete. :-( I'll try again, but
          > a compressed version may not get there until Monday.
          >
          > Please let me know whether this version works for you or not! I
          > want to know if there are any problems before announcing this anywhere
          > else.
          >
          > This version contains patches 1 to 93 and an additional patch from
          > Dany St-Amant. It was compiled with -DMACOS_X_UNIX . I'll mention one
          > problem in another post...
          >
          > --Benji Fisher

          The URL is http://homepage.mac.com/fisherbb . I promise to get some sleep
          now. ;)