Can't input text width into dialog

  • Adam Mercer
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 26 9:04 AM
      Hi

      I've built vim70f01 on my Intel Mac and when I try to set the text
      width of the page using the Edit->File Settings->Text Width menu
      option I cannot enter any text into the dialog that appears. The only
      way that I can set the text width is to use the :set tw=72 command
      option.

      Does anyone else see this problem?

      Cheers

      Adam
    • Adam Mercer
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 27 7:40 AM
        On 26/04/06, Adam Mercer <ramercer@...> wrote:

        > I've built vim70f01 on my Intel Mac and when I try to set the text
        > width of the page using the Edit->File Settings->Text Width menu
        > option I cannot enter any text into the dialog that appears. The only
        > way that I can set the text width is to use the :set tw=72 command
        > option.
        >
        > Does anyone else see this problem?

        I also see this in the universal build of vim70e02 from macvim.org,
        surely I can't be the only person seeing this?

        Cheers

        Adam
      • Jun T.
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 30 9:39 AM
          At 12:04 -0400 06.4.26, Adam Mercer wrote:
          >Does anyone else see this problem?

          Yes, it also happens in PPC Mac, and also in some other dialogs.

          It does not happen if vim7 is built without multibyte support,
          but I don't know why.
        • Adam Mercer
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 30 10:33 AM
            On 30/04/06, Jun T. <takimoto-j@...> wrote:
            > At 12:04 -0400 06.4.26, Adam Mercer wrote:
            > >Does anyone else see this problem?
            >
            > Yes, it also happens in PPC Mac, and also in some other dialogs.
            >
            > It does not happen if vim7 is built without multibyte support,
            > but I don't know why.

            Thanks, that works on my Intel Mac as well

            Cheers

            Adam
            Message 5 of 5 , May 3, 2006
              On Sun, Apr 30, 2006 at 01:33:23PM -0400, Adam Mercer wrote:
              > On 30/04/06, Jun T. <takimoto-j@...> wrote:
              > >At 12:04 -0400 06.4.26, Adam Mercer wrote:
              > >>Does anyone else see this problem?
              > >
              > >Yes, it also happens in PPC Mac, and also in some other dialogs.
              > >
              > >It does not happen if vim7 is built without multibyte support,
              > >but I don't know why.
              >
              > Thanks, that works on my Intel Mac as well

              Thanks for reporting the problem, and the work-around. Bram has
              fixed the problem (I think) and it should work in the next snapshot. In
              fact, it looks as though 7.0g01 has already been released.

              This has not been tested on an Intel Mac yet. Any volunteers? If
              you compile with "big" or "huge" features, then you will get multibyte
              support, and (if the change is included in this snapshot) dialogue boxes
              should now work.

              --Benji Fisher