Re: antialias in latest beta

  • ryan_newsgroups@mac.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 13, 2006
      >There are still some odd things:
      >many of the multibyte characters are wrong, e.g. "<ctrl_k>d-" in
      >insert mode should give an Icelandic thorn (crossed script d), but I
      >get a little apple symbol instead.

      My guess is that this is what disabling the USE_ATSUI_DRAWING feature breaks. I knew it had to break something, but I wasn't sure what, and since I never really use the multibyte character features, that's probably why I never came across it.

      Maybe I should read through this and see if I notice anything:
      <http://developer.apple.com/intl/atsui.html>

      -- Ryan

      On Thursday, April 13, 2006, at 09:29AM, Michael Dunn <misha.dunn@...> wrote:

      >On 13/04/06, ryan_newsgroups@... <ryan_newsgroups@...> wrote:
      >> Hmm.. I haven't tried compiling using aap, so I'm not sure what's
      >> happening there. Just curious though, you say when you build --with-
      >> features=normal, you get antialiased text, are you also able to paste
      >> text copied from a different app into vim? That was the main problem
      >> I had -- I could either have antialiased text, or a working paste
      >> function, but not both (until I modified gui_mac.c).
      >
      >Ouch! I hadn't tested that before. I get the same thing as you: if I
      >try to paste into the version with antialiasing I just get a horrible
      >bunch of ^@^@^@^@.
      >
      >I've rebuilt a big version with your modified gui_mac.c, and (to my
      >surprise, since I thought I'd done this before) I have antialiased
      >text and functioning paste. I don't really know what I'd doing with
      >aap (this time I just used make). There are still some odd things:
      >many of the multibyte characters are wrong, e.g. "<ctrl_k>d-" in
      >insert mode should give an Icelandic thorn (crossed script d), but I
      >get a little apple symbol instead.
      >
      >Cheers, Michael

      "Nothing soothes me more after a long and maddening course of pianoforte recitals than to sit and have my teeth drilled." -- George Bernard Shaw