Re: Paste problems with version 7.0c2

  • 4mir Salihefendic
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 5, 2006
      On 4/5/06, Chris Fonnesbeck <fonnesbeck@...> wrote:
      > On 4/5/06, 4mir Salihefendic <amix@...> wrote:
      > > I just tried to recompile with the big feature set and I still have
      > > this pasting issue...
      > > I don't have the rendering problem.
      > > The version I used was vim-7.0c09 and on PPC 10.4.5.
      > >

      > Did you do a "make distclean" beforehand? Compiling with the big feature set
      > seems to have eliminated the problem here (also on 10.4.5 and Xcode 2.2.1).

      I downloaded the zip from the snapshot directory and extracted it on a
      new place. I.e. I didn't have old files.

      I don't use Xcode to build it. My gcc version is gcc version 4.0.0
      20041026 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 4061).

      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 5, 2006
        On Wed, Apr 05, 2006 at 07:21:27PM +0200, 4mir Salihefendic wrote:
        > On 4/5/06, Chris Fonnesbeck <fonnesbeck@...> wrote:
        > > On 4/5/06, 4mir Salihefendic <amix@...> wrote:
        > > > I just tried to recompile with the big feature set and I still have
        > > > this pasting issue...
        > > > I don't have the rendering problem.
        > > > The version I used was vim-7.0c09 and on PPC 10.4.5.

        I have not tried that version yet, so it is possible that something
        has changed in the last day or two. For now, please check

        :version

        to see whether you actually have "big" features (first line or two of
        the output) and +multi_byte +iconv in particular. If you do, I can test
        it on a similar system.

        > > Did you do a "make distclean" beforehand? Compiling with the big
        > > feature set seems to have eliminated the problem here (also on
        > > 10.4.5 and Xcode 2.2.1).
        >
        > I downloaded the zip from the snapshot directory and extracted it on a
        > new place. I.e. I didn't have old files.
        >
        > I don't use Xcode to build it. My gcc version is gcc version 4.0.0
        > 20041026 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 4061).

        The version of Xcode is a convenient way to specify your
        environment. Also, your gcc version does not tell the whole story,
        since the libraries, frameworks, header files also play a big role.

        HTH --Benji Fisher
      • 4mir Salihefendic
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 6, 2006
          Hi Benji

          I have now re-compiled and I have checked that +big feature set is
          set. The paste problem is gone, but I don't have any anti-aliasing.
          Anyway, a guy posted for some time ago a fix for the anti aliasing problem...

          Kind regards
          Amir