Re: ImageIO linking error building vim7 on Tiger

  • Chris Fonnesbeck
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 3, 2006
      On 4/3/06, Benji Fisher <benji@...> wrote:

      > FWIW I have gcc build 5250:
      > $ gcc -v
      > [snip]
      > gcc version 4.0.1 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 5250)
      >
      > If you are still having trouble, and still want to fix it, I think
      > the next step is to look at the configure script and figure out what it
      > is actually doing when it spits out those warning messages.

      I managed to get a CVS build to work by explicitly choosing a universal
      binary (which is odd,since I am on a G4). Thanks for your help though.

      Also, the modified plist (which allows for file associations) does not
      appear to have made it into cvs. It doesnt work on this build, at any rate.

      Thanks,
      Chris

      --
      Chris Fonnesbeck + Atlanta, GA + http://trichech.us
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 3, 2006
        On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 12:42:08PM -0400, Chris Fonnesbeck wrote:

        > I managed to get a CVS build to work by explicitly choosing a universal
        > binary (which is odd,since I am on a G4). Thanks for your help though.
        >
        > Also, the modified plist (which allows for file associations) does not
        > appear to have made it into cvs. It doesnt work on this build, at any rate.

        I guess we never were compiling the same sources.

        I did say from the start that I did not trust CVS. Besides my own
        nervousness (mostly because I tweak the sources and then am not
        confident that I can get back to a clean state) the CVS archive of vim
        normally lags the cutting edge by a few days. Lately, there have been
        troubles with the CVS server, so the lag is worse.

        If you want to get file associations to work, you can get the
        source from a recent snapshot:
        ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/unstable/snapshot/
        In another day or two, there should be further changes to Info.plist and
        (at least one, maybe more) document icons.

        HTH --Benji Fisher
      • Chris Fonnesbeck
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 4, 2006
          On 4/3/06, Benji Fisher <benji@...> wrote:

          > I did say from the start that I did not trust CVS. Besides my own
          > nervousness (mostly because I tweak the sources and then am not
          > confident that I can get back to a clean state) the CVS archive of vim
          > normally lags the cutting edge by a few days. Lately, there have been
          > troubles with the CVS server, so the lag is worse.
          >
          > If you want to get file associations to work, you can get the
          > source from a recent snapshot:
          > ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/unstable/snapshot/
          > In another day or two, there should be further changes to Info.plist and
          > (at least one, maybe more) document icons.

          Sorry for the misunderstanding; I'm just used to having the most recent
          development code in cvs.

          C.

          --
          Chris Fonnesbeck + Atlanta, GA + http://trichech.us