Re: Vim 7 BUS error

  • Jeremy Conlin
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31, 2006
      On 3/31/06, Bernhard Prümmer <Bernhard.Pruemmer@...> wrote:

      > Am 30.03.2006 um 23:28 schrieb Jeremy Conlin:
      >
      > > I just downloaded and compiled the latest beta version of Vim. It
      > > seemed to compile just fine, but it doesn't work. When I launch the
      > > gui version it just bounces in the dock and uses up all my CPU. When
      > > I use Vim from the terminal I get the following error
      > >
      > > 16:25:29 hamrollup ~/bin/vim7/src$ vim
      > > Vim: Caught deadly signal BUS
      > > Vim: Finished.
      > > Bus error
      >
      > Jeremy,
      >
      > did you "make install", too?
      > The effects you get are typical for trying to use VIM immediately
      > after compilation.
      > At least this happened to me on my first attempt to compile VIM.
      >
      > Regards
      > Bernhard

      Yes I did do a "make install". However I noticed the executable
      /Applications/Vim.app didn't get updated (overwritten).
      /Applications/Vim.app already existed from the last time I compiled
      Vim. As far as the Terminal is concerned, what happens when I do
      "make install"? I have an alias pointing to ~/bin/vim7/src/Vim so I
      always have the latest version.
      Thanks,
      Jeremy