Re: getting ready for vim 7.0 release

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 30 7:59 PM
      On Fri, Mar 31, 2006 at 01:57:18AM +0200, Stephen Riehm wrote:
      > Hi Benji,
      >
      > Just installed 7.0c03 (self compiled, 10.4.5 on a G4) and can confirm
      > that the modifier-keys bug still exists, and that the rgb.txt file
      > isn't being installed in the vim.app directory (did my mail about
      > that get through?).
      >
      > Otherwise, everything went fine with ./configure --prefix=/tmp --
      > enable-multibyte --enable-gui=carbon

      I find that rgb.txt is there in $VIMRUNTIME . You have it in your
      source tree but not under Vim.app ? I cannot think how that would
      happen. Try something like

      $ cd src
      $ touch eval.c
      $ make

      to force one re-compile, then the rest of the build. Look at the
      messages as make does its stuff. I think that one of the steps simply
      copies the runtime/ directory to Vim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/runtime
      (i.e., to $VIMRUNTIME). Any error messages?

      I agree that there does not seem to be a difference between <D-9>
      and <D-S-9>. If I use an alphabetic character instead of 9, there is a
      difference. This is the sort of thing that is keyboard-dependent: on
      my keyboard, <S-9> is (, but I think that is not true of everyone's
      keyboard. Maybe someone decided this was too flaky to support
      consistently. Sort of like how <C-^> is supposed to switch to the
      alternate buffer ...

      I did not reply to your original posts because I was working on the
      *.tex filetypes before vim 7.0 went beta, and I hoped someone else could
      give a better answer.

      --Benji Fisher