Re: ctags broken?

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 30 8:07 AM
      On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 at 10:21:45AM -0500, Chris Fonnesbeck wrote:
      > When I try and build a tags file for a directory of python files from
      > vim7, I get the following message:
      >
      > :!ctags -R .
      > ctags: skippin .: it is not a regular file
      >
      > Which seems fine, but then when I open the tags file, I get an empty file.

      Looks to me like Apple's fault (some old version of ctags). On
      Linux (not especially up to date):

      $ ctags --version
      Exuberant Ctags 5.5.2, Copyright (C) 1996-2003 Darren Hiebert
      Compiled: Feb 15 2004, 14:59:14
      Addresses: <dhiebert@...>, http://ctags.sourceforge.net
      Optional compiled features: +wildcards, +regex

      On Tiger:

      $ ctags --version
      ctags: illegal option -- -

      HTH --Benji Fisher