Re: Vim.app directory structure

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 24, 2006
      Alan Schmitt wrote:

      > >> I see this in the make:
      > >> cp gui_mac.icns Vim.app/Contents/Resources/gui_mac.icns
      > >>
      > >> but it does not seem to create the Icon file at the top of the
      > >> Vim.app dir. Here is what I got before and after I copied and pasted
      > >> an icon to the app:
      > >>
      > >> schmitta@top src % ls Vim.app
      > >> Contents
      > >> schmitta@top src % ls /Applications/Vim.app
      > >> Contents Icon
      > >
      > > I have no idea where the "Icon" file or directory came from. There is
      > > no reference to it in the Makefile. I think the gui_mac.icns file is
      > > copied to the Contents/Resources directory and that's it.
      >
      > I created the Icon file myself when giving an icon to Vim. Without
      > this file, there was no icon. But now it seems the problem has gone
      > away (i.e. I removed the Icon file and I still have Vim's icon).
      > Strange.

      I was working on making "aap install" work yesterday and the Vim.app it
      produced does have an Icon. I don't know why it failed for you before.

      251. You've never seen your closest friends who usually live WAY too far away.

    • Jussi Hagman
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 24, 2006
        On 24.3.2006, at 10:15, Alan Schmitt wrote:
        > I created the Icon file myself when giving an icon to Vim. Without
        > this file, there was no icon. But now it seems the problem has gone
        > away (i.e. I removed the Icon file and I still have Vim's icon).
        > Strange.

        Not at all, Finder does some caching of the icon, so what you see is
        not always the real thing. I guess there was an icon all the time but
        Finder was just being too aggressive with caching.

      • Jeremy Conlin
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 24, 2006

          > I was working on making "aap install" work yesterday and the Vim.app it
          > produced does have an Icon. I don't know why it failed for you before.

          I just use aap to download and compile the latest snapshot (7.0232) of
          Vim. When everything finished I got the following error

          09:21:15 hamrollup ~$ vim
          Vim: Caught deadly signal BUS
          Vim: Finished.
          Bus error

          However when I compile the source code manually (i.e. not using aap)
          then it works. Also, I noticed that when compiling with aap, only one
          of my two cores on my MacBook gets used at a time, but when compiling
          manually, both are used. I know Bram is still working on updating
          this, just wanted you to be aware of the issues I had. Hope it helps.
          Thanks for the great work!
          Jeremy