Re: Vim on Mac: What's NeXT? ;)

  • Florent Pillet
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 7, 2001
      on 7/11/01 4:01, Dany St-Amant at dany.stamant@... wrote:

      > -Terminal/Carbon combo version?

      About this, one of my friends developed a terminal emulator for Mac OS X
      which uses OpenGL in 2D mode to display the text. It is __much__ faster than
      the basic terminal rendering speed, because it goes direct to the
      acceleration hardware. A weird use for OpenGL, but definitely interesting
      for those who spend the whole work day in VIM (I do, on several platforms).

      --
      Florent Pillet, Code Segment Florent.Pillet@...
      PGP Key: D13C 6DD7 D0E2 7891 4AF9 0111 9514 4753 02F1 4D6D

      PowerGlot, the premier localization tool for Mac OS software
      -> PowerGlot Software http://www.powerglot.com/
      Sync Buddy for Mac & PalmOS. FindHack, SymbolHack for PalmOS
      -> ...and other tools... http://perso.wanadoo.fr/fpillet/
      BrainForest, outlines & action items for Palm, Mac & Windows
      -> http://www.aportis.com/