Re: GUI build failing on OS X 10.3.9

  • Jussi Hagman
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 14, 2006
      On 14.3.2006, at 13:08, Chris Allen wrote:
      > On 3/14/06, Jussi Hagman <jhagman@...> wrote:
      >> I'm puzzled. os_mac.rsr.hqx is a binary encoded resource file that we
      >> use in the mac GUI version of vim. There is and should not be any
      >> special make rules for it. See that the file src/os_mac.rsr.hqx is
      >> found.
      >
      > Interesting. This file exists in the archive, and when unzipped via
      > unzip -L. It does not exist when unzipped through Stuffit Expander
      > (as is the default for most OS X browsers).

      Oh, Stuffit. :) I had completely blocked it from my conscious mind.
      It does not ship with OS X 10.4 any more and there is actually no
      reason for using it with zips on 10.3 either. Finder can expand them
      better and faster.

      > Well, that helped, anyway. I'm a bit confused by the behaviour of
      > Stuffit.

      Stuffit is a bit weird, I used to hate it so much when using 10.3
      that I actually hacked together a really small application that I
      could use to unarchive .tar files instead of stuffit. If you are
      interested you can find it on my (very outdated) homepage and try it
      out.

      And if you are really interested I could send you the crappy code so
      you could make it better :)

      Greetings,
      Jussi

    • Chris Allen
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 14, 2006
        On 3/14/06, Jussi Hagman <jhagman@...> wrote:
        > Oh, Stuffit. :) I had completely blocked it from my conscious mind.
        > It does not ship with OS X 10.4 any more and there is actually no
        > reason for using it with zips on 10.3 either. Finder can expand them
        > better and faster.

        Really? I didn't know that. Of course, the command line utilities
        are always perfectly, good, too.

        > Stuffit is a bit weird, I used to hate it so much when using 10.3
        > that I actually hacked together a really small application that I
        > could use to unarchive .tar files instead of stuffit. If you are
        > interested you can find it on my (very outdated) homepage and try it
        > out.

        Thanks, I'll pass, though. I think I'll stick with just taking
        Stuffit out back for its rather over-due appointment with the bit
        bucket.

        Thanks,
        Chris Allen