Re: GUI build failing on OS X 1.3.9

  • Chris Allen
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 14, 2006
      On 3/14/06, Jussi Hagman <jhagman@...> wrote:
      > I'm puzzled. os_mac.rsr.hqx is a binary encoded resource file that we
      > use in the mac GUI version of vim. There is and should not be any
      > special make rules for it. See that the file src/os_mac.rsr.hqx is
      > found.

      Interesting. This file exists in the archive, and when unzipped via
      unzip -L. It does not exist when unzipped through Stuffit Expander
      (as is the default for most OS X browsers).

      > Other than that I can't help at the moment, other than to say that on
      > the latest snapshot I have (223) the resource file is alive and well.
      > The snapshot compiles fine at least on OS X 10.4. Makefiles should
      > not work differently in 10.3 either :)

      Well, that helped, anyway. I'm a bit confused by the behaviour of Stuffit.

      Thanks,
      Chris Allen
    • Jussi Hagman
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 14, 2006
        On 14.3.2006, at 13:08, Chris Allen wrote:
        > On 3/14/06, Jussi Hagman <jhagman@...> wrote:
        >> I'm puzzled. os_mac.rsr.hqx is a binary encoded resource file that we
        >> use in the mac GUI version of vim. There is and should not be any
        >> special make rules for it. See that the file src/os_mac.rsr.hqx is
        >> found.
        >
        > Interesting. This file exists in the archive, and when unzipped via
        > unzip -L. It does not exist when unzipped through Stuffit Expander
        > (as is the default for most OS X browsers).

        Oh, Stuffit. :) I had completely blocked it from my conscious mind.
        It does not ship with OS X 10.4 any more and there is actually no
        reason for using it with zips on 10.3 either. Finder can expand them
        better and faster.

        > Well, that helped, anyway. I'm a bit confused by the behaviour of
        > Stuffit.

        Stuffit is a bit weird, I used to hate it so much when using 10.3
        that I actually hacked together a really small application that I
        could use to unarchive .tar files instead of stuffit. If you are
        interested you can find it on my (very outdated) homepage and try it
        out.

        And if you are really interested I could send you the crappy code so
        you could make it better :)

        Greetings,
        Jussi

      • Chris Allen
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 14, 2006
          On 3/14/06, Jussi Hagman <jhagman@...> wrote:
          > Oh, Stuffit. :) I had completely blocked it from my conscious mind.
          > It does not ship with OS X 10.4 any more and there is actually no
          > reason for using it with zips on 10.3 either. Finder can expand them
          > better and faster.

          Really? I didn't know that. Of course, the command line utilities
          are always perfectly, good, too.

          > Stuffit is a bit weird, I used to hate it so much when using 10.3
          > that I actually hacked together a really small application that I
          > could use to unarchive .tar files instead of stuffit. If you are
          > interested you can find it on my (very outdated) homepage and try it
          > out.

          Thanks, I'll pass, though. I think I'll stick with just taking
          Stuffit out back for its rather over-due appointment with the bit
          bucket.

          Thanks,
          Chris Allen