Re: vim for OS X/Intel?

  • Jussi Hagman
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 19, 2006
      On 19.2.2006, at 2:39, Bernhard Prümmer wrote:

      > Am 19.02.2006 um 01:00 schrieb Jussi Hagman:
      >

      >> On 18.2.2006, at 23:39, Bernhard Prümmer wrote:
      >>
      > Ah-ha! I just tried to reproduce the effects I saw last month but
      > was unable to get them again.
      > Hmm, I updated the iMac to 10.4.5 recently ... could it have been a
      > kind of rosetta bug?
      > Anyway, I'll send you the requested files, still might be useful.

      I looked at the file and firstly it is quite hard to say anything,
      Rosetta does make them harder to interpret, but I guess you are
      correct. It is quite likely a Rosetta bug.

      > I checked the origin of the source files again: http://www.vim.org/
      > download.php (section "version 6.x")
      > So, they were not from the macvim homepage.

      OK. The unix archive of sources does apparently not include the
      files, CVS is the way to go. :)

      > I tinkered with a few text files the way I usually do - nothing
      > strange encountered.
      > Even the "About VIM" item from the "Vim" menu does not work -
      > exactly like the PowerPC version.
      > The only deviation from Benji's version so far is that your Vim
      > icon lacks the "im" ... ;-)

      OK :) Good to hear. If you have the time it would be nice (from a mac
      user's point of view, not vim user's) if you could test how much
      faster the the native code is compared to Rosetta. But then again, I
      rarely have any problems with vim speed (apart from some OS X
      specific issues that probably are not affected that much by Rosetta)

      I could try to make some patches to allow the compilation on intel
      macs later today or tomorrow. I'd be grateful if you could be my
      guinea pig to try to compile vim on intel mac after the changes.

      I guess the compilation (of the mac gui version) does not work at the
      moment even on intel based mac without removing the lines I talked
      about earlier.

      >> [1] The file is in ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/Vim.crash.log and
      >> send it to me, preferably only the relevant entry but if there are
      >> different things you could send the whole file. You can also use /
      >> Applications/Utilities/Console.app or your favourite editor to
      >> look at the file.
      > Guess what editor this might be ... ;-)

      Hmm... emacs? :)

      Greetings,