Re: vim 56 - Japanese version

  • Kenichi Asai
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 11, 2000
      Dear Vim-Mac developpers,

      - I found that "set isprint=@,~-255" makes some changes unnecessary
      that I made before.
      - I had a small problem with patch 5.6.061 when compiling with CodeWarrior.
      - I updated my release of Japanese Vim 5.6. It is available at:
      http://www.is.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~asai/macvim-e.html

      In my previous e-mails, I reported that changes on screen.c and
      chartab.c were necessary to use Japanese. It turned out that by
      setting

      set isprint=@,~-255

      those changes are unnecessary. (On Windows, the above setting is the
      default. On Macintosh, it isn't. It might be a good idea to set it
      default on Macintosh, too, but I do not understand its consequence
      very much.) Here goes the detailed description on my current patches.

      - os_mac.h.diff, edit.c.diff, feature.h.diff

      Same as before.

      - gui_mac.c.diff

      Almost the same as before. I changed it a little bit so that I can
      manage the case where the first byte is LeadByte and the second byte
      is null.

      - multbyte.c.diff

      Same as before. (Still need further consideration.)

      - screen.c

      The changes are only for displaying a ruler:

      >I also made a change on the ruler dispaly. When the cursor is on
      >multibyte characters, the ruler shows 2 bytes as its character code.

      - term.c

      CodeWarrior complians that it cannot cast
      (char *) p->bt_string
      into
      (char_u *).

      - ex_docmd.c

      This is incorporated as 5.6.052.

      - chartab.c

      No changes required any more. My previous patch for chartab.c was removed.

      Sincerely,

      ---
      Kenichi Asai
    • Axel Kielhorn
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 12, 2000
        At 17:30 Uhr +0900 2000-04-11, Kenichi Asai wrote:
        >Dear Vim-Mac developpers,

        >In my previous e-mails, I reported that changes on screen.c and
        >chartab.c were necessary to use Japanese. It turned out that by
        >setting
        >
        >set isprint=@,~-255
        >
        >those changes are unnecessary. (On Windows, the above setting is the
        >default. On Macintosh, it isn't.)

        This is a bug, 128 - 160 are printable, will be fixed in the next
        non-japanese release that I hope to prepare over the easter break.

        >This is incorporated as 5.6.052.

        Axel, 5 patches behind

        --
        Adults get far more pleasure from adultery
        than children do from infancy
        Message 3 of 12 , May 9, 2000
          * Axel Kielhorn <Axel.noSpam@...> [000416 15:23]:
          > >In my previous e-mails, I reported that changes on screen.c and
          > >chartab.c were necessary to use Japanese. It turned out that by
          > >setting "set isprint=@,~-255" those changes are unnecessary. (On
          > >Windows, the above setting is the default. On Macintosh, it isn't.)
          > This is a bug, 128 - 160 are printable, will be fixed in the next
          > non-japanese release that I hope to prepare over the easter break.

          Well, was it possible for you to produce a new version?

          Also, could we please decide on a
          MacVim to be *the* official one?

          I am getting sick of telling people this stuff:

          MacVim is available from every ftp mirror.
          However, there are three sites with updates:
          Obe by Dany St-Amant, obe by Axel Kielhorn,
          and one by Kenichi Asai ("MacVim Japanese").
          Please let me know which version you are using.

          For me it means more work altogether:
          Maintain more info, keep more links,
          keep contact with ebern more people,
          and confuse the hell out of the users.

          I'd *really* appreciate if you guys would get
          your stuff together and decide on *one* person
          to maintain *the* MacVim on ftp.vim.org.

          I know this won't solve the requests for
          "please make me a binary with +perl"
          but then again it's Apple's problem that
          there they don't supply a free compiler..

          Sven
        • G. Mark Stewart
          Message 4 of 12 , May 9, 2000
            Pardon the dumb question, but is there a single list I could
            look at to show the differences between VIM and VI? Or are my
            own differences likely due to something I've inadvertently set?
            As an example, I'm used to marking a line and then deleting to
            that mark, as in "ma" then move to another spot, and "d'a",
            which doesn't work in my VIM. Any other differences?

            Mark

            Sven Guckes wrote:

            > * Axel Kielhorn <Axel.noSpam@...> [000416 15:23]:
            > > >In my previous e-mails, I reported that changes on screen.c and
            > > >chartab.c were necessary to use Japanese. It turned out that by
            > > >setting "set isprint=@,~-255" those changes are unnecessary. (On
            > > >Windows, the above setting is the default. On Macintosh, it isn't.)
            > > This is a bug, 128 - 160 are printable, will be fixed in the next
            > > non-japanese release that I hope to prepare over the easter break.
            >
            > Well, was it possible for you to produce a new version?
            >
            > Also, could we please decide on a
            > MacVim to be *the* official one?
            >
            > I am getting sick of telling people this stuff:
            >
            > MacVim is available from every ftp mirror.
            > However, there are three sites with updates:
            > Obe by Dany St-Amant, obe by Axel Kielhorn,
            > and one by Kenichi Asai ("MacVim Japanese").
            > Please let me know which version you are using.
            >
            > For me it means more work altogether:
            > Maintain more info, keep more links,
            > keep contact with ebern more people,
            > and confuse the hell out of the users.
            >
            > I'd *really* appreciate if you guys would get
            > your stuff together and decide on *one* person
            > to maintain *the* MacVim on ftp.vim.org.
            >
            > I know this won't solve the requests for
            > "please make me a binary with +perl"
            > but then again it's Apple's problem that
            > there they don't supply a free compiler..
            >
            > Sven
          • Bram Moolenaar
            Message 5 of 12 , May 9, 2000
              Mark Stewart wrote:

              > Pardon the dumb question, but is there a single list I could
              > look at to show the differences between VIM and VI?

              :help vi-differences

              > Or are my
              > own differences likely due to something I've inadvertently set?
              > As an example, I'm used to marking a line and then deleting to
              > that mark, as in "ma" then move to another spot, and "d'a",
              > which doesn't work in my VIM. Any other differences?

              This should work in Vim exactly like it does in Vi. Did you remap ' to `
              perhaps?

              --
              This is an airconditioned room, do not open Windows.

            • Leedsnet
              Message 6 of 12 , May 9, 2000
                At 03:44 PM 5/9/00, Sven Guckes wrote:
                >I am getting sick of telling people this stuff:
                >
                > MacVim is available from every ftp mirror.
                > However, there are three sites with updates:
                > Obe by Dany St-Amant, obe by Axel Kielhorn,
                > and one by Kenichi Asai ("MacVim Japanese").
                > Please let me know which version you are using.

                I have tried to find an official MacVim site from the vim
                pages and have not been successful. Could you post
                a url where the full comte of what you are 'sick of telling
                people' can be found.

                I am also looking for a copy of a recent 'os_mac.c' I
                have been able to find or make for myself everything
                else.

                >I know this won't solve the requests for
                >"please make me a binary with +perl"
                >but then again it's Apple's problem that
                >there they don't supply a free compiler.

                Maybe they don't & may be they should, but you may
                find this < URL:http://devworld.apple.com/tools/mpw-tools/ >
                interesting.

                Ben.
                --
                Leedsnet - The information resource for Leeds and the West Riding
                < URL:http://www.leedsnet.com/ >
                Message 7 of 12 , May 9, 2000
                  I'll check it out -- thanks!

                  Mark

                  Bram Moolenaar wrote:

                  > Mark Stewart wrote:
                  >
                  > > Pardon the dumb question, but is there a single list I could
                  > > look at to show the differences between VIM and VI?
                  >
                  > :help vi-differences
                  >
                  > > Or are my
                  > > own differences likely due to something I've inadvertently set?
                  > > As an example, I'm used to marking a line and then deleting to
                  > > that mark, as in "ma" then move to another spot, and "d'a",
                  > > which doesn't work in my VIM. Any other differences?
                  >
                  > This should work in Vim exactly like it does in Vi. Did you remap ' to `
                  > perhaps?
                  >
                  > --
                  > This is an airconditioned room, do not open Windows.
                  >
                  > /-/-- Bram Moolenaar --- Bram@... --- http://www.moolenaar.net --\-\
                  > \-\-- Vim: http://www.vim.org ---- ICCF Holland: http://www.vim.org/iccf --/-/
                • david craig
                  Message 8 of 12 , May 10, 2000
                    Ben-
                    On Tue, 9 May 2000, Leedsnet wrote:
                    > I have tried to find an official MacVim site from the vim pages
                    > and have not been successful. Could you post a url where the full
                    > comte of what you are 'sick of telling people' can be found.

                    What links I am aware of can be found on my core-dump of links at
                    about

                    <http://cda.mrs.umn.edu/~dac/Marks/code.html#corporate>

                    David

                    <http://cda.mrs.umn.edu/~dac/>
                  • Sven Guckes
                    Message 9 of 12 , May 10, 2000
                      * Leedsnet <info@...> [000510 08:31]:

                      http://www.vim.org/macs.html

                      > Could you post a url where the full comte of what
                      > you are 'sick of telling people' can be found.

                      I could put all this onto the webpage -
                      but so far I have refrained from doing so.
                      I hope that this "official" page can simply
                      say "get your MacVim from any ftp mirror"...

                      > >I know this won't solve the requests for
                      > >"please make me a binary with +perl"
                      > >but then again it's Apple's problem that
                      > >there they don't supply a free compiler.
                      > Maybe they don't & may be they should,
                      > but you may find [MPW] interesting.
                      > http://devworld.apple.com/tools/mpw-tools/

                      I have seen MPW - years ago.
                      Has it become any better?
                      I mean, has it become usable? ;-)
                      Anyone?

                      PS: "Ben/Leedsnet" - I had to "confirm"
                      your postings before they got onto the list.
                      So please subscribe if you want to post.
                      And fix the From: line to show your name.
                      Thanks!

                      Sven

                      --
                      Sven Guckes guckes@... --- Archive: http://www.egroups.com/list/vim-mac