Re: Cocoa/Aqua port?

  • Dany St-Amant
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 6, 2001
      Le Mardi 6 novembre 2001, à 05:21 , Gregory Seidman a écrit :

      > Bob Ippolito sez:
      > } Is anyone working on a Cocoa (or at the least Carbon) version of
      > } MacVim? I'd prefer Cocoa to Carbon because it integrates better with
      > } everything else (i.e., services work).
      >
      > There exists a Carbon version. Someone even posted a binary for me.
      > (Mount
      > the idisk for fisherbb to grab it.) I, too, would prefer Cocoa, though,
      > and
      > would even do it if I had any free time.
      >
      > } If not, I'd consider taking a look into it myself, I'm just learning
      > } objective c/cocoa, but I think I could handle it.

      Bob, if you want to try, go ahead. I don't expect to have time for a
      while
      to look at anything else than the Carbon (and pre-Carbon) port.

      All, I'm currently working on the dialog boxes (they are much cleaner
      now,
      but still miss some polish.)

      > I'd be delighted if you did. In particular, I would love to be able to
      > run
      > gvim from a shell and have it come up as quickly and easily as the
      > various
      > X11 versions.

      Greg, I do not know what you mean by 'as quickly and easily as' but for
      the
      MacOS X (unix) version of Carbon Vim you can successfully invoke
      Vim with any arguments from the command line. There's a tiny glitch
      as Vim default to the gui even with --help (as for any none gui model,
      but you said gvim, no;). I already start to look at what need to be moved
      around to avoid default to gui on MacOS X (while still keeping the old
      classic code working fine)

      I successfully did:

      ./Vim.app/Contents/MacOS/Vim -d ../gui_mac.c ../gui_mac.c.orig

      Just did an extra test case. From command line we don't have some kind
      of --remote :( But you can still drop file to the dock.

      Dany, suprised that nobody complained yet about the "swapfile" dialog box