Re: Duplicate e-mails (Was: MacVIM and UTF-8)

  • Geoffrey Alan Washburn
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 14, 2005
      Preben 'Peppe' Guldberg wrote:
      > Geoffrey Alan Washburn wrote:
      >
      >> On a completely irrelevant note, is there a way to configure my
      >> mailing list settings so I don't keep getting duplicate e-mails when
      >> people reply to me and the list?
      >>

      > Not really - the emails get sent to you by different routes. You would
      > need to filter on the receiving end.

      I'm pretty sure that there exists mailing list management software
      that is smart enough to recognize when one of the recipients is already
      in a "To" field. At least all the mailman based listed I've used seem
      to do this.

      Anyway, I'll take your answer as "no, our list software isn't very
      smart."

      --
      [Geoff Washburn|geoffw@...|http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~geoffw/%5d