Re: Supporting CodeWarrior

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 8, 2005
      Jussi Hagman wrote:

      > I've started to clean up gui_mac.c by removing all pre-Carbon code.
      > There are some CodeWarrior specific things in the source code (some
      > global definitions, SIOUX debugging etc.). Although CodeWarrior
      > exists for OS X I assume that it has a very little market share, most
      > people are using xcode/gcc from Apple.
      >
      > Should I keep that code there or can we end support for CodeWarrior too?

      I think it's sufficient to support one compiler that is available for
      free and works well.

      It's good to remove code and files that won't be used anyway. Please
      use the latest Vim 7 snapshot and send me a diff. After testing it, of
      course! And let me know if any files can be omitted.

      --
      [clop clop]
      ARTHUR: Old woman!

    • Jussi Hagman
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 8, 2005
        On 8.12.2005, at 12:28, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

        > Jussi Hagman wrote:
        >
        >> Should I keep that code there or can we end support for
        >> CodeWarrior too?
        >
        > I think it's sufficient to support one compiler that is available for
        > free and works well.

        OK.

        > It's good to remove code and files that won't be used anyway. Please
        > use the latest Vim 7 snapshot and send me a diff. After testing
        > it, of
        > course! And let me know if any files can be omitted.

        I'll do that but that'll take at least another day or two.

        Greetings,
        Jussi

      • Bram Moolenaar
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 8, 2005
          Jussi Hagman wrote:

          > >> Should I keep that code there or can we end support for
          > >> CodeWarrior too?
          > >
          > > I think it's sufficient to support one compiler that is available for
          > > free and works well.
          >
          > OK.
          >
          > > It's good to remove code and files that won't be used anyway. Please
          > > use the latest Vim 7 snapshot and send me a diff. After testing
          > > it, of
          > > course! And let me know if any files can be omitted.
          >
          > I'll do that but that'll take at least another day or two.

          No hurry. I rather have it done properly then fast.

          Thanks for your help!

          --
          WOMAN: I didn't know we had a king. I thought we were an autonomous
          collective.