Re: Vim 7 and Apple's gcc 4.0.1

  • Andre Berger
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 3, 2005
      * Jussi Hagman <jhagman@...>, 2005-12-03 19:11 +0100:

      > On 3.12.2005, at 19:09, Andre Berger wrote:
      >
      > >* Jussi Hagman <jhagman@...>, 2005-11-24 07:30 +0100:
      > >>Hello,
      > >>
      > >>I noticed that vim7 compiled with Apple's gcc 4.0.1, which is
      > >>distributed with xcode 2.2 has serious problems and does not work.
      > >>
      > >>It looks like the problem is not vim but the compiler, a workaround
      > >>is to compile with optimization -Os instead of -O2.
      > >
      > >I ran into the same problem with 6.0.4, worked around with
      > >"gcc_select 3.3". How did you change the optimization for 4.0.1?
      >
      > I just added a line "CFLAGS = -Os" in src/Makefile. The easiest thing
      > is probably to find a similar row (search for -O) and uncomment/edit it.

      Thanks, work just fine!

      -Andre
    • Emily Jackson
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 3, 2005
        On Sat, 03 Dec 2005 20:08:12 +0200
        Jussi Hagman <jhagman@...> wrote:

        > On 3.12.2005, at 19:09, Andre Berger wrote:
        >
        > > * Jussi Hagman <jhagman@...>, 2005-11-24 07:30 +0100:
        > >> Hello,
        > >>
        > >> I noticed that vim7 compiled with Apple's gcc 4.0.1, which is
        > >> distributed with xcode 2.2 has serious problems and does not work.
        > >>
        > >> It looks like the problem is not vim but the compiler, a workaround
        > >> is to compile with optimization -Os instead of -O2.
        > >
        > > I ran into the same problem with 6.0.4, worked around with
        > > "gcc_select 3.3". How did you change the optimization for 4.0.1?
        >
        > I just added a line "CFLAGS = -Os" in src/Makefile. The easiest
        > thing is probably to find a similar row (search for -O) and
        > uncomment/edit it.

        Fink's vim package just sets the CFLAGS environment variable to -Os.
        That seems to be easier than modifying files would be.

        Emily

        --
        "If it seem slow, wait for it; it will surely come, it will not delay."
        Emily Jackson