Re: Drop support for pre-OS/X systems?

  • Stephen Riehm
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 27, 2005
      Hi Bram,

      On 25.11.2005, at 12:06, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

      > I guess that most people are using OS/X now. Maintaining the OS 9
      > code
      > in Vim 7 makes the work a bit complicated. Can we drop that code now?
      >
      > Vim 6.4 can still be used for older systems, of course.
      >
      > I hope that by making the maintenance simpler it becomes more
      > attractive
      > to work on the OS/X features.

      Bram, you are too good :-) How many projects out there just follow
      the author's whims? Who ever heard of ASKING for user feedback?
      Does the poll on vim.org still get hit often - that would be a good
      way to get a democratic answer - on the other hand, you might get a
      whole bunch of windows users saying no :-)

      With my 2 cents I definitely vote to drop os-9 support.
      It's been 4-5 years since apple supported os-9, and it's been about
      as long since I last ran an os-9 app.

      Cheers, and thanks for asking!

      Steve