Re: Problem running gvim from command line in OS X Tiger

  • Tony Mechelynck
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 22, 2005
      From: "Zdenek Sekera" <Zdenek.Sekera@...>
      To: "Tony Mechelynck" <antoine.mechelynck@...>; "Unnsse Khan"
      <untz@...>; <vim@...>
      Cc: <vim-mac@...>
      Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2005 2:35 PM
      Subject: RE: Problem running gvim from command line in OS X Tiger

      His .profile creates a shell alias for gvim, defining it as vim -g with a
      full path. However his shell doesn't know about gvim. Therefore the alias
      seems not to have been created.

      Best regards,
      Tony.
    • Tim Chase
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 22, 2005
        > Well, couldn't it simply be that simply he *does not*
        > have gvim installed *or* it is not in his PATH?

        If it's installed, it doesn't seem to be in his PATH. To find
        gvim, it's pretty easy to just do

        find / -name gvim

        and see what turns up. If it returns results, then it's likely
        installed, but not in the path. If nothing comes back, then he's
        likely just got vim, not gvim.

        -tim